Priceline Hotel: Help tell the difference between 2 different 4 stars in burbank/glendale

itsgfra
By itsgfra,
in

I know there are 2 4 star hotels in the burbank/glendale region. I need to get the Hilton Glendale North (4 Stars) I am offered the choice of a 4 star best value in the burbank/glendale region but am scared it is going to be Hotel Amarano (which in my opinion is not exactly 4 star from a previous experience there) is there any way of telling the difference so that I would know if I am getting Amarano or Hilton Glendale North? I would be booking from 7/1/2012 to 7/5/2012. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, and so glad to be joined to the forum!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates is there a 4* hotel offered in this zone within your budget? If so, what is the full list of amenities associated with the property offered? (you may need to click 'see all' under the amenities in order to see the complete list)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PS:

I am almost leaning to thinking it is the Hilton, because upon viewing the website for pricelines regular priced hotels (not name your own price) it doesn't specify if the Amarano in Burbank has a pool and the Amarano has a rating of 8.3 while the Hilton shows 8.0 on the regular priceline site.

-g

OK, need to back-up, as i thought you were looking at HOTWIRE.

For PRICELINE, is this when bidding and 'naming your own price'? If so, the amenities and star rating shown apply to all 4* hotels in the zone, and not a specific property that you're bidding on. If there are two hotels in a given zone and both have a Pool, then a pool icon can be shown as a 'guaranteed amenity' when bidding... if only one of the 4* hotels in the zone have a pool, then the Pool amenity would not be listed (yet the hotel you win when bidding may still have a pool... it's just not a guaranteed amenity)

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating, or higher, that you choose.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and how we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It was priceline, name your own price. I took a risk and tried right now and was declined for the following criteria, 7/1/12 - 7/5/12 4 star rating burbank/glendale with 8.0 guest rating, guaranteed amenities of pool, business center, pets at a price of $65. I changed my date to 6/30/12 - 7/5/12 same region and updated the price to $73 and only selected 4 star with all the same guaranteed amenities. I am thinking because the Amarano has no pool that they can't advertise a guaranteed amenity. Also want to add that a 3 1/2 star is coming up in the area and am wondering if Amarno has been downgraded which is deserves.

Also want to add I tried messing with the dates like just taking one date off or changing by a day or two as my plans are flexible and I figure I may be offered the extend your stay option which I have done in the past. It is not accepting up to $85. Might have to try tomorrow?

With both the Hilton and the Amarano (which i believe is still 4* rated by PRICELINE) at $200+ per nite for these dates, your $85 bid price is still less than half of prevailing rates... what is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel for this trip?

While i'm not sure if it will help, have you tried 7/2-7/5 as one of your date combinations?

• 11 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]