Priceline Hotel: NYC Room Options

mgowcharan
By mgowcharan,
in

This is just a basic question.

I had booked last year thru Priceline the Millenium on Broadway. The Hotel was very nice but I had to pull teeth to get two beds in the suite. After I won I called the hotel and requested a two bed suite. However when I got there it was another story.

I'll be doing the same thing again this fall for a business trip and a co worker is rooming with me to save costs. What is the proper way to make sure you get a double bed after you book?

Thanks

Your strategy is the best way to go about it, in my experience. PL especially can be difficult to confirm precise bedding, depending on the hotel and occupancy levels of course. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has had any better strategy than trying to call the hotel directly and being persistent. PL doesn't guarantee bedding options (just a bedding for 2 persons) so persistence and congenialty have always been my watch words when trying to confirm specific bedding options.

PRICELINE guarantees one bed/double occupancy. However, in NYC, rooms are smaller than the norm in most cases and two beds often go for a premium.

One can request two beds with the hotel after booking, but it's up to the hotel and the hotel can say no. It may also depend on the day and who you talk to - many have reported not be able to request two beds in NYC. HOTWIRE - if you search for more than 2 adults - guarantees some form of bedding for the entire party (2 beds or 1 + sofabed or other combination), but that is more expensive.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

To add on to the above, searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child can often not raise the rate as much as searching for 3+ adults.

If you absolutely don't want to share a bed with a co-worker, i would use HOTWIRE for more than double occupancy as opposed to PRICELINE... especially in NYC (and some other large cities).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]