Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza

MostSuckersRegularlyPay
By MostSuckersRegularlyPay,
in

Using the links provided by the forum, I took a shot at bidding for a "resort" in San Juan. I knew that I'd most likely end up in the Conrad (which I didn't want), but the regular and Hotwire deals were out of my budget. The Trip Advisor reviews weren't the best, but for $75/night I'd be happy with Holiday Inn service.

I started bidding for resorts only at $60 in San Juan and had to fight through the "You Have NO Chance... Bid HIGHEER!!!" screen. I didn't bid higher, and I was rejected. Priceline's rejection included an offer to raise my bid to $86 in order to get the room. At this point, I didn't know the hotel, but I guessed (using recent results from the forum) that I was in for the Conrad., and I wasn't willing to pay $86/night for the Conrad.

The second bid was for resorts at $65 for San Juan and Mayaguez. Priceline rejected me, but didn't offer me the $86 bid again.

The third bid was for resorts at $70 in San Juan, and that too was rejected.

The fourth bid was the same as above, just added Mayaguez and raised the price to $75. I saved a little over 50%, which works out fine for me.

The only question left lingering is if I had taken the first deal offer of $86, would I still have been staying in the Conrad? I'm not sure how that system works at all. Any thoughts?

Congrats on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Sorry to hear that the result wasn't what you'd hoped for. Still, a nice price for this property and hope the hotel will exceed expectations. If you had bid higher, you still could quite likely have gotten the Conrad. There is no way to know PRICELINE's inventory, and bidding higher to try to get/avoid a particular hotel is not recommended, as you could still win the hotel you were trying to avoid.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]