Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown West) Sheraton Wall Centre

mt99
By mt99,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please read this thread first: I've Never Used Hotwire or Priceline (in regards to details on HOTWIRE).

If you would like assistance with your stay, please provide the desired budget per night. Additionally, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed - HOTWIRE guarantees some form of bedding for the amount of people in the party.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

These are the amenities....Can someone help identify?

4-star Hotel in Downtown Vancouver West

6-11-6-14 $121

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Please list the complete set of amenities (please list, do not paste with amenities - thanks)...

He meant as follows, as you can see how much easier it is to read and for us to research your stay:

4-star Hotel in Downtown Vancouver West

6-11-6-14 $121

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

My best guess for this one would be the Sheraton Wall Centre.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE has a set price for each offer. That $121 you are seeing is the price (plus some taxes and fees). Only one offer per star level. You simply accept the offer if it meets your needs. No bidding.

The offers can change fairly often. If you see something that you like, best to jump on it fairly quickly. On the other hand, if you don't see anything you like, check back in a while and possibly you'll see something different.

Romelle

Since your PRICELINE bidding is within $6 of the HOTWIRE offer, I think your decision rests on a couple factors.

The first is that HOTWIRE allows you to put in the number of guests, so you will be sure of an actual bed for all three of you. You don't mention whether your child is small or large, but even little ones can be pretty wiggly.

The second is your impression of the Sheraton after you've read over the reviews.

Romelle

The Sheraton looks nice, but does this mean that I could not get a bid for PRICELINE under my bid of yesterday's $115? I am new to all of this and don't know whether or not just to rebid for Priceline or buy HOTWIRE...It won't bother us sleeping with our child, but if I am not going to be able to get the room under 115, wondering whether it's not just worth it to buy HOTWIRE?

thanks~

No, it does not mean you wouldn't get the room for under a $115 bid. Hotels change their prices all the time. And different hotels give rooms to Priceline. There is some good discussion up in the FAQs on bid timing, whether early or late can work better. You've got a couple weeks still. You could try your bidding for a while first before doing the Hotwire deal. You do run the risk of the Hotwire deal also changing.

Interestingly enough, I just looked at your dates again. Don't panic now, but the 4* is up to $122 (2A+1C). Might be a currency shift of the Canadian $ vs the US $ or it might be just a rate change. I watched a hotel in a very small US town for a while, knowing there probably was only one hotel possible. The rate changed regularly a dollar or two. It seemed to drift up on weekends and back down during the week.

But for 2A only, there also was a 5* at $121 and a 3* at $97. Decisions, decisions ......

Romelle

Ok for the 5 star does it mean I won't get a bed for 2 adults 1 child or that I can only have 2 adults in that room.

Any guess as to which hotel that is?

Priceline lists the Sheraton Central Wall as being in Granville not Downtown Vancouver. Is there much of a difference? Thanks!

The 5* was in Vancouver Downtown West.

It looks like a match for either the Pan Pacific or the Sutton Place, but of course it could always be some different hotel.

It only shows up with 2 adults. I tried both 2 adults/1 child and 3 adults. Nada.

So, looks like you wouldn't have a guaranteed separate bed for your child. I suppose there could fire regulations or something like that about having more in the room than you had committed to. You'll have to decide if that is an assumable risk.

The Pan Pacific basic room is either king or two double beds. I couldn't find the configurations for the Sutton Place. I'm sure if you wanted to do some serious digging you could get the details.

Regarding your question about Granville vs Downtown Vancouver, you might want to do some mapping. You can zoom in on both the Hotwire and Priceline maps. Also, the hotel web site undoubtedly has a map showing its exact location. Sorry, but I'm not particularly familiar with Vancouver.

Romelle

There is a section on Auto Rental further down in this site.

However, I can speak from experience as I've rented a number of cars through both Hotwire and Priceline. Did you have any specific questions?

The process works similarly to the hotel deal. Worth your time to check both Hotwire and Priceline. You can either click on the names right here or use the links up above. Then click on Autos.

With Hotwire it is a flat rate, and with Priceline you bid. Suppliers are the major ones. No odd balls one of which one has never heard.

You can post in the Auto Rental area as you work through the process.

I've usually gotten some seriously good deals. A couple of times I've run into some major event in an area and really had to struggle to find a workable number.

It is always a good idea to check other possibilities first so you know what a reasonable bidding range is. There are a number of links to Auto Rental companies on the Support Page.

I'm glad you got the hotel situation worked out to your satisfaction. The hotel does look very nice. Perhaps you will give a review after your stay?

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

If you have further questions or decide to move forward with a car rental purchase, please post in the Car Rental section of the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]