Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC MTW New York Hilton And Towers

jylee
By jylee,
in

I'm trying to book a hotel in TS area from 12/28/03 to 1/1/04. I got these two quotes from HotWire.

4.5* - $263 per night. amenities include Boutique hotel, restaurants and fitness center.

4* - $220 per night. amenities include restaurants, fitness center and business center.

Doing the same query on Expedia, I got two Sheratons coming up at ~$220, Westin at $240, The Michelangelo, The Muse, and The Time Hotel at ~$260. All of these hotels are 4* on Expedia scale.

I've used Expedia, Travelocity, and Priceline extensively, but new to HotWire. Is there a list of HotWire hotels with star rating somewhere? Any guess on what those two hotels from HotWire are? Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding.

We only know what's been reported and what has been shown to come up in the "Packaged Product", which can be found here: Hotwire Hotel List by City (be sure to look at the entire thread, not just the first post in it)

We may be able to figure out the 4.5* hotel, but the other one i don't think anyone can say with too much confidence as most 4* hotels in NYC have a restaurant, fitness, and business center (so there are not clues to differentiate this one from the others... unless of course it's desigated as a Customer Favorite and there are comments attached).

Given that the costs are the same, i would sooner just take an offering thru Expedia since you can pick the hotel (and Hotwire at this time isn't offering any substantial savings that makes buying an 'unkown' worth it).

Can you find those same rates that would be refundable if you changed your mind (i'm assuming the Expedia rates are not)? My guess is that the hotels are only offering Hotwire their regular rates because they expect to sell out and there's no need to offer a discounted rate. However, as we get closer to New Years Eve if the hotel's bookings are below what they expect, then i would suspect that you'll start to see lower rates offered thru Hotwire. The ideal situation would be having a cancellable back-up and then you can monitor Hotwire (which is non-refundable) to see if you can beat it.

If you need clarification on any of the above, or have additional questions, feel free to ask. If you decide to go forward with Expedia, it would be appreciated if you used the Expedia link at the top of this page.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, it is midtown west and 4* hotel. I ended up booking this hotel from priceline.com btw. I didn't expect to win on the first bid. Perhaps I could have saved a few bucks if I started lower. But like you said it's New Years Eve and the premium is usually hefty. I thought I did ok.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]