Hotwire Hotel: 5* Lisbon Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade

Kilrathi
By Kilrathi,
in

I followed the HOTWIRE link from this board for a room for 9/19/12 in Lisbon, Portugal. It's showing me $106 for a five-star hotel and $63 for a four-star. I only see one hotel listed on the Betterbidding hotels list for each category and I'm wondering if these look the same or might be something new. In particular, I'm interested in the 5-star.

Amenities are: near beach, airport shuttle, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurants, business center, free internet and a variety of accessibility measures. Does this look like the Eurostar Das Letras?

The four star has fintess center, restaurant, high-speed internet (not marked as free) and accessibility options.

Any thoughts on these? I'll be looking for another hotel in Lisbon a few nights later, too... any thoughts as to whether Hotwire or Priceline is the way to go? Certainly seems like $106 for a five-star or $63 for four stars is a good deal!

Thanks in advance!

I'm not currently seeing any property with a 'Near Beach' amenity offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing the above on your own search? If so, are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Also, please list provide the full list of amenities associated with any property you're inquiring about, including all accessibility items listed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just ran the search again - Lisbon, 2/0 adults/children, 1 room - for 9/19/12 for one night and the same $106 price showed up, including the "near beach" amenity for the 5-star. Here's the complete list, including all accessibility options:

Near Beach, Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible Bathroom, Airport Shuttle, Restaurant(s), Accessible for the Blind, Accessible path of travel, Handicapped Parking, Smoke Free Rooms, Business Center, Free Parking, In-Room Accessibility, Roll-in Shower

I'm curious about the "Near Beach" amenity, since there aren't tons of beaches to my knowledge in Lisbon proper (though it's not far by commuter rail) and, as nice as beach sounds, that's obviously a bit of a different locale than being downtown in the heart of the tourist/business district.

Amenities for the four-star (still listed at $63) are:

Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the blind, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair Accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in Shower

Edited to add: just for curiosity's sake, I ran a "show the names" search and it's showing the 5-star Eurostar Das Letras hotel as available - but no "near beach" and slightly different amenities (things like "Front Desk, Elevator/Lift and Concierge"), so maybe the $106 is for a new 5-star (or do they purposefully change around the amenities between the "hidden" and "named" options to keep things less clear - I just checked and none of the named 5 stars list "near beach" or otherwise exactly overlap with the listed amenities)?

Thanks for any thoughts!

• 2 months later...

Thanks, I do think that hotel would be a nice fit (and apologies for the long delay in responding - ended up not booking originally due to some uncertainty over the travel plans).

Out of curiosity, what are you basing that guess on - I assume it's the handicapped facilities? The "near beach" is still throwing me, since while I'm a big beach fan I want to make sure we're actually in Lisbon proper since this is more of a city vacation than a beach one. It claims to be 0-2.5 miles from the city center, so I assume we'd be fine, but just don't want to book into some far-flung beach suburbs.

The price is still available and actually dropped to $103/night recently. I'm tempted to give it a shot since it seems like a 5 star hotel at that price is a pretty good deal by any measure.

-K

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]