Priceline Hotel: 1 night NYC

luau77
By luau77,
in

Hello,

I'm looking for just a single night stay in the city in early June (midweek). Looking at a "central" hotel as i'll be sightseeing little italy, MSG area for B&H photo. 4* or above is where I'm shooting for. Any thoughts on what price area i should expect to see? I have been reading the forum here and saw some of the bidding suggestions posted for others. Should i follow those?

Thanks in advance for your help with this;-)

6june is the day I was looking for. No real price target. I would like to be under 200 bucks but I could pay up as it is just a night. My bids today went unanswered by Priceline up through $150. I was looking at central park, or midtown east/ west. I could go other areas too.

Unfortunately at the moment rates for this nite are very expensive... i think you'll need to be closer to $300/nite and include the CPS to be successful at a 4* hotel. Is this acceptable (in terms of both bid price and/or zone)? If so if you list all acceptable zones at the 4* level we can include them as we gradually bid up towards the $300 mark... or you can tell us your maximum bid at this time and we'll bid up to that amount.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm actually open to a lower category hotel. Let me know how low to go and what area i should shoot for. I'm honestly just planning to visit MSG area and little italy so i would be open to that area if you think that is wise.

Thanks again

No real price target. I would like to be under 200 bucks but I could pay up as it is just a night.

I'm actually open to a lower category hotel. Let me know how low to go and what area i should shoot for.
The above are somewhat contradictory to me since you first mention 'no budget since just one nite' but then talk of a lowering your star rating instead of paying $300/nite.

Given the very high rates, and NYC being so compact and public transportation being reasonably convenient, I would be willing to stay just about anywhere from CPS and south, and accept that you may take a subway ride or two at the start of your day to get to your desired location. Inventory looks "slim pickins" at the moment so i would be looking to get the best deal you could in any zone south of CPS... the question would be what do you wan to set your minimum star rating at and how high do you bid at that level before lowering your star rating again. At the moment i think most star ratings and zones will likely cost mid/high-$200's to around $300/nite :huh:

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]