Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton New York

gogism
By gogism,
in

There's a 4* midtown central for $190 (customer favorite)

Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Business Center

Any help on id?

Also, looking to book 5 rooms (4 is max).

Should we split and do 3 and 2?

Thoughts on cheaper option using Priceline?

Would like to be walking distance to central park and times square areas.

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The hotel you mention above matches the Sheraton New York and that would be out best guess as to this hotel's identity.

Not sure what you're asking regarding Priceline.

I would book 3 rooms/2 rooms so just in case you end up with a different hotel you won't have one room on its own... a 3/2 split makes sure that at least nobody is left alone.

Let us know what you decide to do and/or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info!

My question regarding Priceline is do you think I can get an equal/better hotel on Priceline for significantly cheaper than $190? I've seen some posts stating that prices should be around $150, but also have noticed actual deals closer to $175 or more. Do you think $150 is worth trying for? I will update you on what we end up choosing. Thanks for your very quick response. Much appreciated.

Yes, i think you can probably get a better on Priceline.

If you want to try that route, are you familiar with PRICELINE RE-BIDDING? (you have two re-bid zones available when bidding at the 4* level)

Did you have specific zones in mind that you're willing to accept (most choose MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS)

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for your to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did a lot of research on the Priceline re-bid strategy. In my initial attempt, I started at $115 (MTW) and added re-bid zones up to $125. I have not redone the strategy yet with MTE or UM/CPS (both of which I would take). Do you still recommend capping the bid at $150 at this point, or should I expect to pay a little more?

Thanks again.

Did i suggest a $150 maximum?!?! (thought i had suggested letting us know your desired zones and then we'd suggest a strategy :) )

Why are you capping your bid at $150 if your next best deal is at $190? (or whatever else you have found)

If you would like us to outline a strategy for you let us know.

Well, I got the $150 max from some of your posts to others inquiring about Priceline hotels in NYC around my dates. Guess I did a little too much research. I would be happy for you to suggest a strategy. Would prefer to keep it closer to $175 or $180 (that's why I inquired about the $190 Hotwire, but asked if you thought I could get a better deal on Priceline). Any strategy to get a 4* MTE, MTW, or UM/CPS for under $180 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I believe rates are high for your dates than for others around the same time (with one hotel, which often accepts priceline bids, showing sold-out).

Before suggesting a bidding strategy, would either of these be sufficient enough to replace your Hotwire offer:

Beekman Tower for $168/nite with good reviews

Fitzpatrick Manhattan for $190/nite with good reviews.

Neither of the above have a booking fee, so both are less than your Hotwire 'back-up' above... if either of the above are acceptable we could then lower your upper bidding limit in any strategy we present.

Let us know.

Because my parents are involved, I would prefer to be relatively close walking distance to times sqaure/broadway or central park. Beekman looks nice, but seems a bit too far east. Fitzpatrick is a little closer, so it could be a backup option. Would like to get a decent 4* for less than the $190, if possible. Any strategy would be great. I appreciate all of your help on this so far.

Thanks.

Also just found a 4* Hotwire for $172 that says:

Selected amenities include:silkHotAmenities4: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Tennis Nearby, Business Center

Also listed as "Best Value" in Midtown East - any thoughts on to which hotel that might be?

Thanks!

The hotel you're seeing the above is most likely the Millenium UN... locationwise it's similar to the Beekman.

I think you should wait until your 72 hour period expires from your MTE bidding so that we can effectively use that zone in the bidding process and not have any 'gaps' in systematically increasing the bid amount.

Bump this thread shortly before you're able to bid again and we'll update with a current strategy.

Because you want to be near Times Square (trust me, you won't be "hanging out" here... you'll probably go once to see it and then not go back unless you forgot your camera the first time)... do you still want to bid the MTE zone? (or even the UM/CPS zone... not all locations in these two areas are 'close' to Times Square)

Did you want to use $190 as your maximum bid, as in re-reading this post you said 'can i significantly beat $190"

My preferences in order would be: MTW, UM/CPS and third MTE (mainly afraid of being too far east, vs too far north). Central location is preferred (not nec Times Square, but somewhere between there and Central Park, without going too far east). If we can't control how far east in Priceline (other than by excluding MTE) then maybe we should look at a strategy of going at $180 or less in MTW & UM/CPS and if it doesn't work, take the $190 hotwire, which we are assuming is the Sheraton. Does that sound reasonable?

I am open to other options - may main desires are 4* rooms within walking distance of things like the Park or Rockefeller Center, Broadway, etc. I recognize that any one location may not meet all of those, but as long as we could walk to a few things in that area, that would be great.

Thanks.

It seems as if location is more important than price, so i would exclude the MTE zone... maybe bid it later on its own and only take it if you can get a really good deal (ie- not as much as you're willing to bid for the other two zones).

I would bid as follows:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180.

If the above is rejected you may want to try the following:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140.

** Essentially if you are successful in this zone it would be worth the $50 savings/nite.

Bid the above for 3 rooms and if successful then you can try for a little better for the remaining two rooms (knowing what a 'good' price is)

Good Luck and let us know how it goes of if you have any questions.

Thanks for the strategy.

Executed it as described and ended up with Sheraton Towers at $180 (in the 3rd iteration of the plan).

$10 per nite cheaper than on Hotwire, which over 5 rooms for two nites will buy a lunch or something.

Appreciate the help and working with me to get this done.

I will be back and will refer my friends and family.

Thanks,

Mike

At this time. I bought four and am planning on calling the Sheraton and seeing if they can confirm one room with 2 double beds (I stayed here once 4 years ago and the room had double beds). If not, I will have to rebid for one room. In addition, it looks like I may need 1-2 rooms for the next nite or two. Is is best to try and extend with the hotel, or start the process over again (my family of course changes everything the day after I get the rooms...). If we are back to the bidding room, I will come back and start a new post (probably on the Priceline side this time). I will let you know what I hear from the Sheraton about confirming double beds and also what addditional nites/rooms I need.

Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]