Priceline Hotel: Resort Las Vegas (Summerlin) J.W. Marriott Las Vegas Resort And Spa

bacardi
By bacardi,
in

They MAY "upgrade" you to the 4* J.W. Marriott Las Vegas Resort And Spa in the zone...The hotel is unstarred according to PL but rated 4* by trip advisor...The Summerlin Zone is up to 3.5 star rating...Yet if you bid 4*, 4.5* or 5* you MAY get stuck with the off strip, summerlin zoned J.W.Marriot...

At the bottom of the Priceline star listing, you will notice the category "Resort". When you select Summerlin, you will see it has Resorts. Resorts rank between 4* and 5*. Thus, even though Summerlin only has star levels up to 3.5, you can get that Resort category when bidding 4*.

Often, when telling members about free rebid zones, there will be the note - "Hint, Summerlin is NOT a free rebid at the 4* level.

Priceline rates that J. W. Marriott a Resort.

The same problem exists in Phoenix, some Florida cities, and other places. It is subtle, and easily overlooked. Your warning may well save a few bidders.

Romelle

Thanks, this info be should a sticky here and other places with the issue...

I understand what you're saying...When I rebid, I don't believe I saw any identifier as a resort as an option...

Also, I noticed priceline added a different rebid screen which a HUGE box to enter your bid...During my 8(?) rebids, the screens would cycle from the older and newer...

I understand what you're saying...When I rebid, I don't believe I saw any identifier as a resort as an option...

Try checking just Summerlin and looking at the list of possible star selections. At the very bottom is Resorts - below the 1* Economy.

In fact, it is can be even trickier. On my screen, it ends up just below the fold so I have to scroll on down to see it.

Romelle

Any advice of what to say to PL when I call?

Easy.. i was having the exact same situation last week.

I tried to call priceline and explained the situation, but they wouldnt listen.

So i tried to call the hotel and asked them about the refund policy

they said as long as it is 48 hours before checking in , it is fine.

they will not change anything

After you get confirmation from the hotel that they can cancel it without any charges. (get her/his name and ask wt department she is in)

call priceline back and tell them you speak to xxx and which department they are from.

and they will cancel it for you.

This is the email from them

Our records indicate that you have already spoken with a Customer Care

Representative and have been advised that the hotel confirmed to cancel

the reservation without any charges. Therefore we have cancelled the

reservation and provided the cancellation number (1234567). Also you

have been advised that you will receive a refund amount of $200.50 which

will be processed within 1 business day. It may take up to 5 business

days for the bank to post the refund to your account.

Hope that helps.

Try checking just Summerlin and looking at the list of possible star selections. At the very bottom is Resorts - below the 1* Economy.

In fact, it is can be even trickier. On my screen, it ends up just below the fold so I have to scroll on down to see it.

Romelle

You can call the hotel directly and ask them for Refund... i tried this last week and it worked.

You can call the hotel directly and ask them for Refund... i tried this last week and it worked.

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but can someone explain the rebid idea? Basically if you want a 5* hotel in Vegas, and your bid in the north and south are rejected at say, 120, you increase your bid to 130 and add a zone that does not have a 5* hotel, so that you don't have to wait 24 hours to up the price to 130?

If I got that correctly, is there a list of "safe" zones in Vegas?

Thanks!

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but can someone explain the rebid idea? Basically if you want a 5* hotel in Vegas, and your bid in the north and south are rejected at say, 120, you increase your bid to 130 and add a zone that does not have a 5* hotel, so that you don't have to wait 24 hours to up the price to 130?

If I got that correctly, is there a list of "safe" zones in Vegas?

Thanks!

You have the right general idea.

There is not a list of "safe" zones because Priceline can change the zones and the available star levels within the zones. It is essential that one know how to check for safe zones, and do it just before bidding. Each day.

There is a long discussion about re-bidding in the FAQs.

If you are planning on bidding for something for yourself, perhaps you'd start your own thread to keep things organized? Also, if you are unsure of what the rebid zones are, you can just post your list and someone will double check it for you.

Summerlin is the only tricky zone for Las Vegas.

Romelle

Easy.. i was having the exact same situation last week.

I tried to call priceline and explained the situation, but they wouldnt listen.

So i tried to call the hotel and asked them about the refund policy

they said as long as it is 48 hours before checking in , it is fine.

they will not change anything

After you get confirmation from the hotel that they can cancel it without any charges. (get her/his name and ask wt department she is in)

call priceline back and tell them you speak to xxx and which department they are from.

and they will cancel it for you.

This is the email from them

Our records indicate that you have already spoken with a Customer Care

Representative and have been advised that the hotel confirmed to cancel

the reservation without any charges. Therefore we have cancelled the

reservation and provided the cancellation number (1234567). Also you

have been advised that you will receive a refund amount of $200.50 which

will be processed within 1 business day. It may take up to 5 business

days for the bank to post the refund to your account.

Hope that helps.

That's great news, thanks! Was it this very hotel?

Yes it is the exact same hotel.

When you call, tell them you have the confirmation number....

the first lady it didnt work for me too, so after a while i called again and another person did it for me, i think her name is Maluray (something like that)

Approach

pretend to ask what is the cancel policy in your hotel

give them the confirmation number , ask can you please cancel it, make sure to ask them will u get fully refundable first

Hope it works for you, just keep calling until you got the nice person. (try to call at night time )

Let me know if you have any questions

bacardi,

If you do keep/use this reservation you may want to consider renting a car (if you're flying into town) as it might be cheaper than round trip taxi fare.

Although a 'mistake' bid, what was the price you paid for this nite so we can add this to the topic title?

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]