Priceline Hotel: 2* Niantic - Norwich - Mystic (Ledyard - Mashantucket - Mystic) Quality Inn Mystic

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

Have been bidding for about a week for this busy Labor Day Weekend in Mystic, CT. Prices seemed sky high everywhere. I started at 2.5 stars, then when I hit $80/ night, switched to 2 Star. We have stayed in this area over Labor Day weekend for many years, and usually get the 2 star Days Inn. Was really surprised to get the Quality Inn! I couldn't even find a single review for it at tripadvisor. I'm sure it will be just fine... it includes free wi-fi and free continental breakfast. Here are the details:

Quality Inn Mystic

9 Whitehall Avenue

Mystic, CT 06355

860-536-4281

Check-In Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 03:00 PM

Check-Out Sunday, September 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $68.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 4

Room Subtotal: $272.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $52.04 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $324.04 (USD)

Used the BB PRICELINE link, as usual.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were expecting, glad to see you're pleased with the results and this property will work for your needs this trip.

There may be few/no reviews for this property as it may have only recently become a Quality Inn... i'm seeing reports that this location has been a Ramada, Wyndham and Best Western in the past.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay (and holiday weekend)... let us know when you'll be traveling a little further south and will meet us in NYC. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, you are right about it's have been under other ownership. It was indeed a Ramada, and then went independent and was called the Mystic River Hotel. There were reviews as late as March 2012 under the Mystic River ownership. Most of the reviews were horrible... let's hope the Quality Inn folks have spruced it up a bit. I don't really care about the decor.... I'm just sleeping there for a few nights, not buying the place... but I do expect cleanliness, hot water, and the amenities promised.

The location is excellent, and there is supposed to be a restaurant either adjacent or attached. We also have found some good breakfast places in the area, so if the included 'Continental Breakfast' is not that great, it's not really a big problem. Whatever... we'll make the best of it.

I will. I've done a bit more research. Apparently the Quality Inn only took over in mid-April, so they couldn't have done much yet. Of course, my stay is still over 3 months away. Like I said before, older decor doesn't bother me, but cleanliness, and things functioning as promised, do. There's not much I can do about it now, but if there is a problem with our stay I will definitely protest to Priceline. I wonder if Priceline ever checks Tripadvisor reviews?

There are a couple of local newspaper articles about the problems with the property. I am going to save them in case I need them after our stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]