Priceline says its first class, is it?

Mr. Toodles
By Mr. Toodles,
in

I'm new to the board, and hope you all can help answer my question. My fiance and I are going to Jamaica for our wedding/honeymoon, and I used priceline to get the flights. I have been checking over a couple of days, because we weren't sure if we were going to add a day. When I checked them today, the US Airways flight had dropped by $200 dollars and said the tickets were first class seats. The flight appears to be the same one I was looking at on United's site a month ago at the same price except the seats are now first class.

Needless to say, I booked the flight and choose the seats that we wanted. My question is are the seats really first class seats? In other words, when we show up will we have actual first class seats or will we bumped to coach? Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To confirm, you didn't "name your own price" but rather bought the tickets knowing the airline, flight times, etc? If so, and you indeed purchased the first class option, i'm not sure why you would suspect that is not what you'd be given... did you pay more than the coach price? Were you able to choose your seats and you're in the front cabin?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the welcome!

You are correct on all points. I think my problem might be in the "too good to be true" vein. They were near the bottom of the prices listed for the flights among the different carriers, all of the others listed were for coach, and when we first started looking at prices on the actual sites this was the coach price 2 months ago.

My semi-legitimate (in my head) concern is that the receipt shows that the seats I selected are "requested" and not yet confirmed. While this might be procedural, I just want to make sure we actually have the seats. As far as I could tell there was no option for coach on US Airways which is the carrier we are on.

I should say that this is my first time buying tickets on priceline, but have used it extensively for hotels (NYOP option only).

If you are a frequent flyer and have "status" on an airline - Silver, Gold, whatever - that can give you the right to a complimentary upgrade (depending upon availability). Actually getting that upgrade depends on how many seats are available, any others of higher status on the flight, and how much you paid for the ticket and some other factors.

But the ticket will get automatically tagged "upgrade requested". Are you by any chance a frequent flyer of the airline?

Romelle

...have used it extensively for hotels (NYOP option only).

We look forward to hearing about, and helping with, your future travel purchases.

Regarding your current ticket, I'd call PRICELINE or the airline to confirm... i think this is the only way you'll feel confident that you're getting what you're expecting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]