Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) Royal Palm

kdhills
By kdhills,
in

Hi,

I am looking for bidding assistance for a stay in Miami.

I need to stay for two nights- August 5 and 6, checking out August 7.

I do not want to split my bid or take the chance that I would have to stay in two different hotels.

I want to stay in a 4* or resort in either Miami Beach or South Beach.

I am a bit flexible with price, but do not want to spend more than $140 per night.

Thanks for your help!

At the 4* level in Miami you have four re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

This is how i would proceed...

Select 4* South Beach (ok to start with Miami Beach if you prefer that zone)...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-acess priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Miami Beach (or South Beach if you started with Miami Beach)...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-acess priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Miami Beach and South Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help!

After seeing the great potential prices, I actually added a night onto my stay!

I got the ROYAL PALM 4* for $65 per night.

Check-In Date: Fri, Aug 5, 2005

Check-In Time: After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Mon, Aug 8, 2005

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $195.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$35.61

Total Charges: $230.61

This is a really great price. Thanks for all of the help.

I understand that I will probably end up paying more for parking and resort fees per day than my room rate, but that's ok.

Has anyone had any success challenging the resort fees with priceline or the property itself since the hotel is not in the resort category? Is this worth investigating?

Congratulations on your win... thank you for sharing the results with the rest of us.

Glad to see it worked out well for you and you received a great rate for this property!

I did successfully challenge a resort fee at this property when it was owned by the Crowne Plaza, but i did so directly with the Crowne Plaza headquarters, and at the time no resort fee was mentioned on their website.

Did you bid the South Beach strategy first? (and never attempted the Miami Beach strategy)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Has anyone had any success challenging the resort fees with priceline or the property itself since the hotel is not in the resort category?  Is this worth investigating?

Resort fees are a legitimate gripe when the property is not listed as a Resort. If the hotel charges everyone the fee my gripe would be with PL; if it only charges PL customers my complaint would be with more with the hotel. In either case I'd let PL know about it on the feedback form it asks you to fill out.

This deserves its own topic, but "resort creep" into the 4* and 3* categories is worthy of criticism on several fronts.

As for parking... if you're not leaving South Beach you really don't need a car, and depending on your circumstances seems possible to do without one for getting to and from the airport. Again, a separate issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I started with the South Beach strategy and never bid Miami Beach. I'm glad that I did!

I'll keep up updated as I challenge these resort fees with Priceline. Since everyone at the property is charged the fee, it is definitely a PL issue.

You agree to Priceline's terms when you bid on a room:

Depending on the city and property you stay in, you may also be charged resort fees or other incidental fees, such as parking charges. These charges, if applicable, will be payable to the hotel directly at checkout.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]