Hotwire Hotel: NYC Help Needed

gobucks77
By gobucks77,
in

Need both some general advice and some bidding assistance. My siblings and I are sending my parents to NYC for the US Open for their 60th birthdays. My folks have never been to NYC and a hugely fast pace and tons of action are probably not their midwestern cup of tea. I am looking to put them in a relatively more quiet but clean area of Manhattan. Any suggestions on area?

In terms of the bidding, we want something nice and clean for them, but are not looking to break the bank. I am hoping that doing this early will help in that regard. My preliminary thoughts are 4 star and under $200. If that is not doable, just let me know! Many thanks for any help.

Since you have certain requirements for this stay i would suggest possibly using HOTWIRE over PRICELINE... it may cost you a little more but you stand a better chance at getting what you want.

Two options near your budget are what i believe to be the Kimberly for $208/nite... fantasitc reviews and about a 10 block walk to the north entrance of Grand Central which will have them on the 7 train to the Open, hotel gets EXCELLENT reviews. The other option is what i'm guessing to be the Kitano which would also be well located for them to get to the 7 train and the hotel generally gets good reviews as well.

Let us know your thoughts on the either of the above HOTWIRE properties or if you prefer to bid on PRICELINE for any hotel in the zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]