Hotwire Hotel: ? Woodburn area hotel wins on Hotwire

Noob_888
By Noob_888,
in

You can use the search function in the upper corner to search and see if any other wins have been reported to the board in this area - there does not appear to have been any Woodburn wins posted (yet.)

Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for keeping us updated.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

When you search HOTWIRE is there a hotel offered in this zone for your dates of travel? If so, what are your dates, the star rating and price of the hotel offered, as well as the amenities associated with it?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was entering June 4 to June 7. Star Rating was 2 to 4 stars.

What is listed in the area under 2 stars:

Super 8 Hotels

Ramada Hotels

Days Inns

Best Western Inns

Sleep Inns

Rodeway Inns

** Recommended:

In 90% of Hotwire customer reviews. (I think this is the Super8 which is not rated too highly on Tripadvisor and hotels.com)

3 stars:

Embassy Suites Hotels

Wingate Inns by Wyndham

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts

Four Points by Sheraton

Best Western Inns

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Those hotel names are just generic brands that are found at each star level (and the same brand can appear within multiple star levels depending upon the reviews/amenities of a specific property in a given area).

If you enter Woburn, OR into the search box on the top left of this page, on the ensuing page within the box for the 2* and 3* offered in Woburn, do you see near the bottom row "Amenities:"? If so, hover your mouse over the 'See all' link and then provide us with the full list of amenities associated with each of these properties you're interested in. (if you're having trouble finding the amenity information just post back and we'll break it down further)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I think this is Super8: The amenities are as follows:

2-star Hotel in Woodburn

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Complimentary Breakfast

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

The Super 8 is certainly a possibility, but how do you exclude the Best Western Woodburn and/or the La Quinta from the possibilities for this one?

I certainly would be pleasasntly surprised it would be either of these two motels, but the listed prices on various sites, including HW, Hotels.com, and PL all have rates substantially higher. La Quinta rack rates are crazy high for this period, the HW known hotel rate (assuming it is LQ) is only $8-10 more/day than the anonymous rate, plus you get the reassurance you can cancel. Best Western is similar, similar rates to the unknown price of HW. For comparison purposes, I entered the same selection I did last year when we were looking for hotels near Lake Oswego with the same rating. Our hotel came up anonymously on HW (which seems to always come up). The rates posted elsewhere like on the sites I listed above were only a few dollars more than the anonymous price of HW. I know several people who used HW before in the same area and ditto, the Crown Plaza Lake Oswego always turned up as the HW anonymous hotel.For whatever reason, HW and PL dont have good buys in this area any more. In addition, we were lucky last time when we bought via HW (anonymous hotel). The manager of the hotel gave us a complimentary upgrade because the room he first put us in was just horrible and only one bed, with a nasty view.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]