Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge West - Harvard) Le Meridien Cambridge

casperslc
By casperslc,
in

Hi,

I am looking to stay in Boston on July 5 to July 8. I know this is a holiday week and I need help bidding the best price. I would prefer to stay by Fenway but I would stay anywhere downtown and Cambridge at 2.5 to 4 stars. I would stay at the airport at 3.5 - 4 stars. I am hoping to spend $130 or under a night. Thank you in advance for your help!

Jason

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Exactly which zone(s), by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept? Are you willing to pay more to stay in one zone vs. another OR is your goal the least expensive hotel in any of the acceptable zones? Are you willing to pay more to stay at a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. 3* etc, etc... OR is your goal the least expensive 2.5* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these PRICELINE links before replying.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply and help. I would prefer the following zones listed in order of preference: 9,8,6,1,2,12,7,4. My goal would be the least expensive in any zone except zone 9. I would pay more for zone 9 - but only for a 3 star or above. The other hotels by Fenway are not so nice. I would pay more for a 3.5 or 4 star than a 2.5 or 3 star.

Thanks!

I would pay more for zone 9 - but only for a 3 star or above. The other hotels by Fenway are not so nice.

The highest star rated hotel offered in Fenway Park (Zone9) is 1 star... so do you want to eliminate this zone from your bidding entirely?

My goal would be the least expensive in any zone except zone 9... I would pay more for a 3.5 or 4 star than a 2.5 or 3 star.

This is contradictory (to me at least). Assuming you're removing Fenway from your bidding, of the remaining zones, did you want to first:
  • try for 4* up to your $130 limit, if rejected try for a 3.5* up to your limit, and so-on and so-on
  • try for the least expensive 3.5* or better up to your limit
  • try for the least expensive 2.5* or better up to your limit

Please confirm/clarify your first goal for this trip and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the point of the Fenway region was that you're going to go to a Sox game, I'd stay in the Back Bay/Copley area anyway. You can walk about a mile to the stadium, or take a very short T ride. And although Kenmore Square is fine, most people would like the Back Bay area better.

If the only hotel in Fenway is a one star then I would like to eliminate it. To clarify - The $130 price is what I would like to stay around. If you feel that I shoulr try a little higher for the 3.5 to 4 star properties then I will. I would accept anything above a 2.5 star at $130. Of course, I would prefer to try and get a 4 star but if that doesn't work then anything above 2.5 would be great at 130. The back bay and any of the other zones would also be great.

Thank you for your help.

I do think you can get a 4* hotel around $130, so i will suggest a strategy up to $140 (just in case) but you're of course to stop at whatever amount you'd like.

When bidding 4* in Boston you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Copley, Cambridge East, Beacon Hill, Boston Common...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Quincy Market, Cambridge West, Waterfront...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Quincy Market, Cambridge East, Beacon Hill, Boston Common...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley, Cambridge West, Waterfront...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley, Cambridge West, Beacon Hill, Boston Common...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Quincy Market, Cambridge East, Waterfront...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley, Cambridge East, Waterfront, Boston Common...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Quincy Market, Cambridge West, Beacon Hill...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley, Cambridge East, Waterfront, Boston Common, Quincy Market, Cambridge West...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley, Cambridge East, Waterfront, Boston Common, Quincy Market, Beacon Hill...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley, Cambridge East, Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Quincy Market, Cambridge West, Waterfront...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you're pleased with the deal and that this will work out so well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]