By kavita,
in

hi,

looking for 2 rooms HOTWIRE gave the following 2 results:

Check in - May 26

Check out - May 28

1) 2* - Glens Falls - Lake George area hotel

$68

Free Parking, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, High-Speed Internet Access

(Also says $119 other sites)

2) 2.5* - Glens Falls - Lake George area hotel

$93

Free Parking, Free Internet, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access

(Also says $149 Other sites) -- could this be the Tiki Resort?

Also considering Priceline.. am going to start bidding now.. will let you know the results.

I am specifically looking for hotels near the lake ..

Also considering Priceline.. am going to start bidding now.. will let you know the results.

I am specifically looking for hotels near the lake ..

Are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within PRICELINE's Lake George zone? (is everything in the zone 'near the lake' enough?)

What is your desired star rating and maximum bid? If you have already bid, what bid amounts and star rating have you tried?

Let us know how the PRICELINE bidding went and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i really dont have a * preference, just need something decent near the lake..

I did a regular search in priceline and i noticed that all the 1* & 2* were closer to the lake.

Last night i tried the following Bids for the lake geroge area and all were rejected:

45 2.5* up

50 2* up

55 1* up

=============

60 2* up ===> here i got an offer to increase my bid to 77 . I just added the Warrensburg zone that has only 1* hotels and increased my bid to $65 which was also rejected.

I will try again tonight, but was wondering what the 2.5* hotel listed in Hotwire for $68 was..

PS: we are a group of 5 adults and 2 children (both 2 year old)

i really dont have a * preference, just need something decent near the lake..

I did a regular search in priceline and i noticed that all the 1* & 2* were closer to the lake.

Keep in mind that the hotels shown thru PRICELINE's "retail" service are not necessarily the same/only hotels offered thru their "name your own price" service, each side of their service use a different universe of hotels. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for more information on this subject.

I will try again tonight, but was wondering what the 2.5* hotel listed in Hotwire for $68 was.

This property has not yet been repored to the board, but my guess would be the Queensbury Hotel, but the amenities are quite common, so i supposed the Tiki Resort would be a possibility as well..

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for your response, i am going to try bidding some more tonight..

Queens burry is too far from where i want to stay..

The max i will bid is $75, if that gets rejected i will just book directly with some motel that have 2 room efficiency suites.. (works out cheaper and is ore convenient)

Will update tomorrow AM

• 2 weeks later...

hi, just an update, i did try bidding again that night and i think my bid of $67 was accepted for 1*

i called priceline and they said that the hotel room was not booked..

i am thinking of just booking directly through some motel..

Thanks ..

For booking direct you can try our maps.hotel site which can give you a good overview of which hotels are close to your desired location as well as how much more/less it will cost to go up/down in star rating or closer/further for your preferred location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]