Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown West) Sheraton Wall Centre

friendshipoc
By friendshipoc,
in

I saw others won hotel in this area at $75 in same time frame as mine. So I started bidding at $70, up to $95 using all the free re-bid. Still got rejected. My dates are also including weekend day. Please help. What should I do? I only want to stay in 4* hotels in downtown area and I am willing to bid up to $115. Thanks in advance for your help.

When bidding 4* in Vancouver you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected i don't think you're likely too far off... another $5-$10 may do it, so you can consider if you want to increase just a bit more or not.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid as your suggestion, but no luck. I will try again to add $5 -$10 more before I consider looking at Hotwire hotels. And I used the PRICELINE link. thanks.

PS: do you have any idea why I bid the same time frame as others , but they have accepted at $75, and I got rejected when I bid a lot higher than their accepted price.

...do you have any idea why I bid the same time frame as others , but they have accepted at $75, and I got rejected when I bid a lot higher than their accepted price.

I assume you're referring to this Priceline hotel win? Rates are date specific and that user's stay is not the exact same dates as your own, and sometimes changing dates by even just one day can have a dramatic impact on success/failure. For example purposes let's assume the following scenario using your dates above:

Another user wins a $75 bid for 6/20-6/28 and the 'true' breakdown is:

6/20-6/24: $100/nite

6/24-6/28: $50/nite

In the scenario above another user would win their complete stay at $75/nite whereas somebody bidding on a subset of the stay (6/20-6/24) would need to bid at least $100/nite. (i know you have already bid $100+ but it's just for example, you can see how the math could play out given any combinations of rates during a given timeframe)

As well, the hotel could given an even deep discount for stays over 7 nites, or it's also possible that rates have changed over the last 10 days since that user won their hotel.

Lots of possibilities, but the above are all easy examples to follow and are examples of how hotel pricing is very dynamic and how unless you're comparing the exact same dates, the results can be quite different.

With all the above noted, i don't think you're likely too far off... another $10-$15 may likely be enough.

You can adjust the numbers of the previously strategy when you try again, but if you require a more specific strategy just let us know.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and hopefully this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]