Hotwire Hotel: ID help Portland, ME 2.5*

leebick
By leebick,
in

Hi-

Looking for 3 nights in Portland, Aug 3-6, 2012. I have found a 2.5* on Hotwire, recommended by 85% of Hotwire customers. amenities include free parking, complimentary breakfast, airport shuttle, and a drop-down also lists fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry facilities (self-serve). Anyhelp would be appreciated. We live 2 hours away, sister lives an hour away, so it's killing me to pay summer prices in Portland but we HAVE to be there and the travel from home/sister's daily would be too much

Let us know once the number of rooms/guests needed is firm as it could effect the details of the hotel(s) offered by HOTWIRE, as well, the hotel inventory may change by the time you are ready to commit.

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this trip (even if not PRICELINE / HOTWIRE)... ideally all threads on the board would have a 'conclusion' as it helps keep the board better organized and useful for everyone.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it would be a La Quinta but guess not....can't be the Best Western since it has no shuttle..... maybe it's the Fireside Inn or HJ Plaza Portland (on Riverside St) or that Fireside Inn? I wish I knew.

When I reveal the hotels on Hotwire the three 2.5* in Portland all have similair amenities especially complimentary shuttle/airport shuttle: Hampton Inn Airport, HJ Plaza-Portland and Fireside Inn & Suites.

But just Fireside and Hampton Inn have complimentary breakfast....not seeing that anywhere for HJ Plaza Portland. So....looks like it's between Fireside Inn & Hampton Inn Airport maybe..... leaning heavy to it could be the Fireside Inn & Suites tho.

I didn't make this purchase as I'm still not sure how many will be with us.

Please wait for asking for hotel IDs until your plans are firm, as the offers may change based upon the number of rooms/guests, as well as the current offers may not be the ones available once you're ready to commit to a purchase.
I'll post back if I end up making this purchase in the future...
Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

and I always try to remember to use your links for HOTWIRE / PRICELINE.

THANKS! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 11 months later...

Sorry I didn't follow up on this; I hate when I ask for help from you guys, you are helpful, and then I don't uphold my end of the bargain!

We had five traveling so needed a suite type arrangement or two rooms, so I looked for outright rentals instead of a bidding (hotwire/priceline) situation. We ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Express/Suites at Sable Oaks in South Portland. I was able to get a $75 rebate on the room through the parent organization. The suite, with the rebate, made for a convenient and affordable location.

Once again, sorry I didn't follow up sooner.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision.

Please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of the Holiday Inn Express as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies... please check for and use the links in our Support Page for your future hotel direct purchases.

Thanks.

SO... if I book my hotel rooms directly with the hotel, but go through BB like I would for Hotwire or Priceline, you guys get credit or something, and it'll help keep your website going? I'd be happy to do this, but didn't know it was possible for anything other than HW and PL. Good to know!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]