Priceline Hotel: Maui Help 11/21-11/23

trivers
By trivers,
in

Hello - I've been reading this forum for a while and it has been very helpful. Thank you. I have a couple questions that I would like help with.

First... I will be travelling with 3 other adults (4 total) and we would all like to stay in one room. Would I run into any trouble by booking the room through priceline and showing up at the hotel with 2 more people than priceline said was coming?

Second... do you think it is too early to start trying to bid on hotels for late November?

Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding!

In regards to your first question here is a thread to begin with:

QUAD OCCUPANCY

Bottomline is that it is a risk that you will have to decide if you want to take. On the otherhand, Hotwire does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy... it will likely cost you a few dollars more, and rates can be higher than when searching for double occupancy... but you will also likely have a better idea of the property you will receive and also not have to worry about how many beds your room will have.

As long as your plans are firm it's never too early to bid... as long as you don't overbid.

Let us know if you want to risk it on Priceline or not (i highly suggest you explain the situation to the other couple) and let us know how you want to proceed. If you go the Priceline route let us know the area, star rating, and your budget and we'll suggest a bidding strategy; if Hotwire, we'll try to help identify the properties you're considering.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you use Pl theres a chance 2 people will be sleeping on the floor. also if you go this route I would not say anything to the hotel about the other two people because if one king is all they have, they may have a big problem with 4 in that room. You could go this route and ask for two beds saying theres two of you and if the second bed don't pan out ,you could go to walmart and get some blow up beds.

You might check out this place I found the other day. The rates looked good for the dates I checked and the reviews on tripadvisor looked great.

http://www.kapaluavillas.com/amenities.html

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]