Priceline Hotel: Please help need extended stay under $300 a week

LONGTERM
By LONGTERM,
in

Please help!! We have been living in an Extended Stay hotel in Anahim. My Fiance and I have lost our jobs and we are needing to move to a new hotel asap. It is the two of us and two cats We need something around the same rate as we have now 306 a week ideally. Can you give me advice on how to bid. We are willing to stay here close to Disney or Go to Huntington Beach or Near Costa Mesa as he is a full time student at Coast. If you have suggestions we have to leave today so it is important that I get any advice fast.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Very sorry to hear about your situation! :(

In terms of using PRICELINE, the concern would be that it's difficult to get a pet-friendly property - in terms of bidding on a particular area (if you bid 2* for a particular area, for example), there is no way to guarantee a particular property - you could possibly get any 2* in the zone. Sometimes in the guaranteed amenities, you may see "pet-friendly", but there's no way to guarantee that this may show for your dates, or may only show at a star rating that's not of interest.

HOTWIRE is usually at least a little more expensive than PRICELINE, but that service shows properties that offer breakfast, which is an added value, while there's no way to ensure a property that offers breakfast when bidding.

Which PRICELINE zones would be acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I am trying to find the paw under the star rating but looks like it is hard in the Anaheim or OC Area. I am open on Star Rating. Name your own price on priceline looks like my best option although no way of knowing what I will get wish there was a name your own price on Hotwire.

Yes - unfortunately, it's difficult to find the pet-friendly guaranteed amenity in a lot of areas. In terms of the short-term, there is a HOTWIRE 2* listing for 5/1-4 w/Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry and Free Parking on HOTWIRE for $39. The same listing appears (but is more expensive at $50) if you search for 5/1-8. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but my guess is that it may be the Econolodge with the addition of a new "free parking" amenity.

Prices can vary pretty substantially on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE from day-to-day, so breaking up your stay may result in better overall average prices. The other issue with PRICELINE is that one can only bid once per day on a particular bid. If your bid isn't accepted, you cannot make that same bid for another 24 hours. If you were able to get a win for the near-term, then you could have time to work on starting lower and gradually moving up bids and trying multiple times for upcoming weeks.

Bidding is a risk with pet-friendly (and there's a definite chance you may not get a pet-friendly property), but my guess is that you are likely looking at $28-35 per night (although it would vary depending on time period and may be a touch higher at times) for a 2* in the Disneyland-Anaheim North or Disneyland South-Anaheim-Garden Grove zones, but, again, you could possibly get any of the hotels at that star level within the zone.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Additionally, please let us know what you decide and if you are able to get a place for the near term, we would be happy to help plan out additional upcoming stays.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]