Priceline Hotel: Bidding strategy for Aruba resorts

Brazil
By Brazil,
in

Looking at the calendar of wins, the Westin shows up with a price range of $90-235. Something around $120 seems reasonable for the dates I will bid (Jun 4th-Jun 8th). Should I start with $90?

Search has already begun using this forum's Priceline search box. Thanks!

Unfortunately there are no re-bid zones available when bidding Resort in this area, but fortunately you do have a bit of time before your stay.

I'd start at $80 and increase $5 every 24 hours until you reach your $120 maximum bid in about a week.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress and/or let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks!

On the first screen, if I input any value below $110, Priceline says that "Based on recent data, your price has only a small chance of being accepted.". Made first bid at $110 and got rejected. Retrying on $5 increments up to $120. I'll let you know how it follows up.

On the first screen, if I input any value below $110, Priceline says that "Based on recent data, your price has only a small chance of being accepted.

You should usually just ignore this message as we have seen bids accepted even when this message was shown before submitting the bid.

I'll also add that HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be the Renaissance for $110/nite for your dates above, if that is of any interest.

Keep us updated on your progress and thank you for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]