Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Greater) Hyatt Regency McCormick Place

95 Z/28 LT1
By 95 Z/28 LT1,
in

Was looking for a room for my Wife, her sister and myself for the mentioned dates.

Planned on going with a room from Hotwire but decided to give Priceline a try.

Bid several times a couple days ago for 4* rooms in the loop and also for North Michigan for amounts ranging from $100- $130 with no success.

Tried for $100 for all the above zones but added greater Chicago this time for $100 and accepted first time.

I saw that someone also got this room for $70 previously, but I didn't want to get locked out of bidding before the trip (which is two days away now).

I feel I could have done a bit better, but I did call Hyatt immediately after the winning bid and requested a room with two beds and also non smoking and they told me no problem, so it worked out for me. I've only booked through Priceline once before and will be interested to see if the service is any less than if I had paid full price.

I also found it interesting that the place is booked up, but Priceline still got me a room. Hope there are no problems...

Your Offer Price: $100.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $200.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$39.59

Total Charges: $239.59

Well, the request for a non-smoking double room was honored, and there was no attitude from the receptionist at all.

When I checked in I told here the higher the better, so she put us on the 27th floor and it happened to be the side facing Soldier Field and had a wonderful view of the city and the lake.

The room was clean, and happened to be a handicapped room as well.

All in all, a very good stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, credit card bill came in the mail and is showing 2 extra charges.

One for $58.45 shown as two nights, and another for $58 for one night.

I know one is likely for the valet parking, but the other?

Pisses me off, I'm going to give the hotel a call and give them a chance to explain. If they don't have a good answer, I'll be disputing the charge(s) with the credit card company.

Stay tuned for details...

Turns out the second charge was for the hotel restauraunt.

Called them up and they told me they get that question all the time, so I guess I don't feel to bad.

Since the place is part of the hotel, it is billed under the hotel's name, and not the name of the restauraunt.

Mystery solved! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]