Priceline Hotel: 4* Jersey City 05/21-05/24 - help appreciated

hooey
By hooey,
in

Hello,

Since my wife and I are traveling on a limited budget (max $120 per night, excluding tax), and us wanting to get to Manhattan easily. I'm trying to get one of the nice Path connected hotels in Jersey City (The Westin Jersey City / Hyatt Regency Jersey City) for the dates of 05/21-05/24.

Could anybody give me some pointers on the rebidding zones for Jersey City?

I tried a bid of $90 today - was rejected.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for all your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You need to know how to check your re-bid zones on your own as they should be checked before starting every bidding cycle.

If you've already read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are still confused, try the following...

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'Jersey City, NJ' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for the pointers. i identified the following rebid zones (including highest star ratings):

2.Meadowlands - Rutherford = 3½-Star Upscale-Plus

3.Newark = 3-Star Upscale

4.Newark Airport (EWR) - Elizabeth = 3½-Star Upscale-Plus

5.Secaucus - North Bergen = 3½-Star Upscale-Plus

6.Short Hills - Summit = 3½-Star Upscale-Plus

7.West Orange = 3-Star Upscale

conclusion: only Zone 1 Jersey City(where my desired hotels are) has the 4 Star Deluxe Rating, which makes all the other 6 zones rebid zones! please correct me if i made a mistake.

thanks again for your help.

Yes, you have it correct! :) (but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed)

At current rates your $120 maximum bid may be tough, but to give it a try using your SIX re-bid zones:

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

thanks guys. i am actually planning on using some of my PC points instead. i bid up to $200 for the 4 star jersey city category and still was rejected. priceline is great, but sometimes the prices just don't match. :-(

just checked award night availability which is unfortunately suboptimal.

looked into hotwire. very interesting. hotwire has a "Hoboken - Jersey City - North Bergen area hotel" - 4* hotel for $156 for my dates.

the amenities are: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Recommended: In 90% of Hotwire customer reviews.

any idea which hotel that could be?

looked into hotwire.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Please use the requested links on the board each time you access either of the respective services.

The above is likely a match for the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]