Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help

lovetotravelbc
By lovetotravelbc,
in

Hey there going to be in Vegas from May 1-8.

Palazzo win $150 per night. Only put in North/north vicinity end zone. Just kept bidding up usually 5-10 dollar incriments. Also was trying to get the Palazzo for a full week 1-8 but it was a no go and had to split the week in half.

First bid was 80, 90,100, 105, 110, 115,and got to $130. Then a pop-up came up saying that I could win this hotel for $170 if i upped my bid $30 dollars. I put in a bid at $150 and voila won the Palazzo.

I have been trying to get a 5 Star on the south end, but would like any five onthe strip for as CHEAP as possible. On different accounts I put my first bid zone as south strip, then north vicinity, then add north lastly. My bids have been 60, 70, 75, 80, 83, 85, 88, 90, 93 and so on and have gone up to $115.

I have also messed around with the dates abit. First I tried the 2-5 with those similar bids with plans of just randomly finding anywhere for the first night when I get there. I also tried to take out the Friday and bid 70,75,80 in hopes that I could get a 5 for the first half of the week if the Friday wasn't included.

Also out of desperation started bidding on a 4 for $60 i believe in North and south zones and didnt get it.

Would really like to try and get a 5 for cheap and am open to any suggestions. I would like to stay around $100 a night but doesn't seem like that will happen so if im goin down to a 4 I'd like it to be really cheap.

Sorry I dont have every exact bid and detail but I have spent hours and hours over the past couple weeks screwing around with this so didnt keep track of every detail and just found this site.

Thanks for any input!

If you haven't yet, please read your messages.

Based upon your previous Priceline win i'm assuming you now need May 1-5... is this correct?

Have you tried any bidding for just these dates? How high are you willing to bid for a 5* before trying for a 4* (and what would be your maximum bid at the 4* level)?

Are you familiar with re-bidding? If not, see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (at the 5* level in Vegas you have ELEVEN re-bid zones... at the 4* level you have FOUR (NOTE: Summerlin is not a re-bid zone at the 4* level))

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey, yep i've read the message thanks. I understand about re-bidding.

Yes I need a room from May 1-5 and I am even willing to take a day away such as only bidding on a five star from the 2-5 if it would help my chances for a cheap deal and then trying to find somewhere super cheap just for the first night cuz I dont get in till 9 pm anyhow. I was also thinking maybe I could try for a5 star for the 1-2-3-checkout friday the 4th and just stay somewhere cheap for one night on the friday before checking into Palazzo. This wouldn't be IDEAL but I would consider this if I could get a good rate 5 star for the other days.

For a 5 Star I would ideally like to spend $100 per night but could possibley go up to $115-$120 especially if Im taking out one of the nights then I dont mind going a bit higher.

For a 4 I was hoping for no more then $80

For this leg of your trip are you willing to bid both the Strip North and Strip South zones or is only the Strip North acceptable?

In all likelihood you'll need to remove the Friday nite in order to get a 5* hotel for these dates. If you drop the Friday nite i think you can get a 5* in the Strip South zone for less than $120/nite... but less certain you can do so in the Strip North zone.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]