Priceline Hotel: How to determine which resort in San JuanPR

gemgirlbarbara
By gemgirlbarbara,
in

Can anyone explain how I can determine which resort I would be getting with my bid on Priceline?

I am trying to get the El San Juan Resort but there are 6 other possible resorts.

I've only used Hotwire before and never Priceline so I'm not exactly sure how it works. Do I make my bid and give them the credit card number and then they show me the resort amenities(but not the name)and then I can accept the offer or refuse?

Thanks

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

This is another good thread to read if you're new to each/either service as it describes the differences and similarities between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE... I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there (and please click each of thse PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So on Hotwire I know they tell you the amenities so you can pretty much guess which hotel you may be getting.

Are you saying on Priceline, they do not share any information as to which hotel in the area you want so there is no way to guess?

I will probably keep trying on Hotwire then to get the El San Juan for my one night in January 2013. I was really hoping to get that resort. I know to doublecheck the amentities and match them up for a pretty good guess. You seem to be an expert, so I will keep trying through this website and ask your opinion when I get a price I like.

Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]