EWR Newark Minivan Hertz

ditty
By ditty,
in

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I did search for this topic but could not find any.

Does anybody have any idea if Hotwire rental cars allow to cross border and have unlimited mileage?

I am planning a trip to Niagara falls from EWR and am planning to rent a minivan (7 people) for a week with unlimited mileage if possible.

I was seeing very low rate from hotwire. But I would like to know if hotwire rental companies allow crossing borders without any issue!

If anybody has any idea on this pl share.

Also little confused how to win the bidding as well get the rate that hotwire is quoting!

PLease help.

Thank you for your time in helping me.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Current at the time of posting, HOTWIRE is somewhat vague on the subject:

Can I cross international borders in a rental car?

Mexico: Driving a rental car from the U.S. into Mexico is not permitted.

Canada: You may drive a rental car from the U.S. into Canada, but there are restrictions. Please check with the rental agency in advance to obtain approval. As with all Hotwire rentals, cars must be picked up and dropped off at the same location. Driving a rental car from Canada into the U.S. is not permitted.

This would be rental company specific as even 'unlimited miles' often have geographical restrictions. Assuming this is thru HOTWIRE's "opaque" rental division (where the name of the hotel is not shown until after purchase) there are only 6-7 rental companies that they work with. I'd give each a quick call and ask their policy when renting an unlimited miles car from EWR if you're allowed to take into Niagara Falls on the Canadian side and if it's covered under the unlimited mileage.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you make out and what you decide to do for this rental or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Assuming this is thru HOTWIRE's "opaque" rental division (where the name of the hotel is not shown until after purchase) there are only 6-7 rental companies that they work with. I'd give each a quick call and ask their policy when renting an unlimited miles car from EWR if you're allowed to take into Niagara Falls on the Canadian side and if it's covered under the unlimited mileage.

Thank you so much. I would highly appreciate that.

I meant that is what i would do if i were in your situation... you'll need to make the phone calls yourself, this way if you do have any problems you have firsthand experience with who you spoke with and what you were told. ;)

(current at time of posting):

Which car rental agencies work with Hotwire?

If you book a Hotwire hot Rate, you are guaranteed a car rental from one of these leading agencies: Alamo, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Europcar (International only), Hertz, National, or Thrifty.

For regular-rate rentals, Hotwire offers cars from a broader range of car rental agencies. For regular-rate rentals, you will see the agency name prior to completing your reservation.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you learn and what you decide to do for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Just thought would update on this. I called all the above agencies to find out if they would allow to cross borders to Canada. All the agencies allow

to cross borders to Canada for no charge except Thrifty car rentals. Thrifty charges some nominal fee for the border crossing.

Thanks for the info... did you already take this trip and/or purchase a rental car?

Not yet. But will be booking the rental car through Hotwire as they are the cheapest so far.

Will use the above links as you mentioned.

Thank you for your tip regarding calling all the agencies :-). That really helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the dates of your rental and the daily rate (before fees and taxes) so we can add this information to the topic title and complete the details of this thread.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]