Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* South Padre Island Howard Johnson

siouxsieq
By siouxsieq,
in

Well, I went for it...it turns out the 2 1/2 * is the Howard Johnson. I got it for $84 per night (before taxes). I've looked around and have seen it offered on other sites for $89 per night. WOW!!! What a HUGE savings! :)

Also, I've seen some very mixed reviews for it...from REALLY BAD, to pretty good. One review said "this is the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in." Not very encouraging.

I'm a bit frustrated, but I won't let it spoil my vacation. :)

Sorry to hear of this result and your disappointment... but thanks for letting future users know about this property and then they can decide for themselves if they want to go for it or not.

Often users in a similar situation go on their vacation with little expecations and as a result are pleasantly surprised. Hope the same occurs for you, please share your experience upon your return in our HOTEL REVIEW forum.

Remember that if you do have a problem don't be afraid to ask for a manager and (nicely) ask for something to be fixed... Hotwire is also pretty good about customer service and if there are concrete problems that aren't correct after speaking to a manager they may be able to help.

You are certainly going with the right attitude.. hope it works out for the best.

Thanks again for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]