Change Check-In Name on Hotwire or Priceline Resevation

blsbball
By blsbball,
in

Here is my situation. I have four travel teams (each with 2 coaches) who I am booking hotels for this summer where they will be attending tournaments. I am wondering what happenes if I book a hotel through hotwire and place the name of a coach as the indiviudal whom the reservation is for and somehow that coach cannot attend? Is there anyway to change the individual who will check in since I am the one who paid for it? I believe Hotwire's fine print says no but I was wondering if anyone had experience that proves otherwise.

Thanks.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Overall, I would say I would not risk it with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. While there have been a few people who have reported doing it after going back and forth between PRICELINE and the hotel and working something out with the hotel, there haven't been many of these instances reported and others who have been unsuccessful in trying to transfer their reservation to someone else. While a few people have reported being successful, it really comes down to hotel, day, who you talk to and other issues - and there's absolutely no way to guarantee you would be successful or not.

If you need assistance with your stay, please let us know details (amount of people in the party, rooms, city/zone, star rating, budget, etc)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]