Priceline Hotel: 3* Fort Lauderdale (Downtown) Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Goldbeard
By Goldbeard,
in

I got the 3* Ft Lauderdale Airport North 17th St Convention Center Hyatt Place (851 SE 10th Ave Ft Lauderdale) for 1 night for $55 plus fees ($68 total). I'd like to stay at the same hotel another night or two. I tried adding 1 extra night through Priceline and they came back with $79 plus fees ($99 total). I didn't accept it. I tried again later and it is now closed (I didn't know it was a one time only thing).

What is the best strategy for getting the same hotel for an extra night or two? If that doesn't work, what is the best strategy for getting a 3* in either Ft Lauderdale Downtown or Beach? I prefer 3* over 4* because the 3*s usually doesn't charge for wifi or parking and the 4*s usually do. My budget is up to $75 but I'd prefer $50-$60 (before fees).

Thanks!

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Fort Lauderdale thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, post your current win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others can benefit from the information... then reply to this thread and we'll comment on your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You might be able to target an additional nite at this property for ~$90/nite, but given you've already turned down $79 i'm assuming this is not of any interest.

If you want to try bidding on PRICELINE for another room, let us know if you want to try for the next one or two nites (rates do appear to jump on Friday nite) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did a new bid for 4/11/12 and got 3* Ft Lauderdale Hilton Marina for $65 ($80 w/t&f), which I posted a win for. The only problem was that hotel charges $21 for self parking and $13 for wifi so the real price after taxes and fees is $114. I liked the 3* Hyatt Place at $55 with free parking, free wifi and free breakfast better but it didn't win and the Hilton Marina did. The Hyatt was actually a better room also, although the Hilton Marina is a more resorty hotel. Also, the desk clerk at the Hilton told me I was in the priceline wing (west wing) which all have parking lot views, where the Hyatt gave me a good room on request. Not complaining - just FYI to the other members.

Is there a way to bid on priceline only for hotels that have free parking and wifi? Or do I need to drop down to 2.5* to avoid those fees in Ft Lauderdale downtown and beach?

What's a good re-bid strategy for bidding on 3*'s or perhaps 2.5*'s in Ft Lauderdale downtown or beach?

Thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not as much of a 'deal' as your previous win at the Hyatt Place, this is still a very nice deal for this property... even those booking direct (at a substantially higher rate) are faced with the same 'extras' of internet and/or parking. Even bidding 2.5* won't necessarily solve your problem(s) as the star rating you select is the minimum that you're willing to accept, so even if you bid 2.5* PRICELINE could always upgrade you to a higher level property.

Remember that the opaque providers are for those who are flexible in their plans, if you need certain amenities included in your room rate then HOTWIRE may be a better option as the amenities may be provided OR you can research the hotel you think is being offered and then determine the additional costs, if any.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. If you need help with an additional nite in this area please start a NEW TOPIC.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

I just wanted to end this thread on a positive note. The Hilton Marina is a very nice hotel with nice grounds, pool, beds, rooms, restaurants etc. - it's resorty/convention like - but pretty with yachts outside. A winning bid of $65 ($80w/t&f) is good. There is free wifi in the lobby. I was using it last night and it kept cutting out so the desk clerk gave me the code for free wifi in my room - nice touch.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]