FL Miami Hyatt Regency Coral Gables

ImNew
By ImNew,
in

Well, we've been on our vacation and we're back.

A beautiful hotel and only 20 minutes from all of the "hot spots". We were close to South Beach, Miami Beach, Downtown, and Fort Lauderdale even. We rented a car so we were able to get around much easier.

One thing that dissapointed me about this hotel was the experience during our check-in. We got to our hotel at 3:00 p.m. Shortly after we had won our bid on priceline, we called the hotel to confirm our reservations and gave them the particulars of our room (i.e. king size bed, non-smoking, early check-in etc.). When we got to the hotel, they did not have any records of this information, nor did they have a room ready for us. We were asked to wait in the lobby for about 20 minutes while they had housekeeping clean one of their rooms. I was furious. Our day began with a delayed flight, which resulted in an even longer day. I was not impressed with THE HYATT's service. I understand that it was a long weekend for them (July 4th long weekend) but a hotel of their calibre should have prepared for this. Heck, any hotel would prepare for long weekend bookings. Their defence was that due to the long weekend, they were understaffed, which I believe was not our fault. They should have been prepared.

The rest of our stay was enjoyable. Housekeeping was great, especially my momma Rosette. She was wonderful and extremely caring. The bellhops really added to our stay. They were very informative about the events in the area and tourist attractions in general.

Even thought the hotel was beautiful, I beleive we would opt out of choosing Hyatt Regency Coral Gables in future visits to Miami.

Now...keep in mind, this was OUR experience. Things could be compeletly different for someone else.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

We stayed here July 2010. It's a beautiful hotel in Downtown Coral Gables. A nice change of pace compared to staying in South Beach. We had a larger room with a king sized bed and a sitting area with a sofa. The bed was very comfortable. The room and halls were decorated in shades of chocolate brown and ivory, with designs and patterns in a Moorish style: visually interesting and a nice change of pace from the usual hotel decor. The bath was elegant. We liked the fact the sink--with it's gold-veined marble countertop--was separated from the room with the toilet and tub.

There was a very nice swimming pool on the 5th floor rooftop, with the rooms on the higher floors overlooking the pool. Being in the middle of Downtown Coral Gables, the view from the pool overlooks other buildings--a long way to the beach from here! But the location means there are a lot of great locally owned restaurants and shops within easy walking distance to the hotel.

Service was uniformly outstanding. From our initial greeting by the front desk clerk, to the concierge, housekeeping staff, restaurant staff, and even the parking attendant--everyone was friendly and seemed sincerely interested in providing a quality guest experience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]