Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa

lbeans13
By lbeans13,
in

I need some help bidding. I want a resort in Kaanapali.

I tried bidding last week working my way up from $130 to $150 in $5 increments. My question is, what is the best time to bid? Is now, 8 months ahead too early? Or should I keep going up until my bid becomes accepted?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For a discussion on timing your bids, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you're hoping to get this done sooner rather then later, i would like increase your maximum bid to $165 for the time being, as that has been a more common winning bid then $150. If not successful at $165 i would bid once a week or so using the same bid amount.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll add that what appears to be the Sheraton Maui Hotel is on HOTWIRE for $183/nite if you're interested in trying to target this property and/or bidding a little higher. (still a nice deal given that most 4*/Resort properties i'm seeing are ~$300/nite for these dates)

If interested let us know and we'll provide further details.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello!

An update: I kept on bidding up and got the accepted! We got the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa for $180/night. Thank you for your help, you were spot on. The price is great and I'm fine with it. The only concern I had was if they would give us the worst room they have because we used Priceline. =]

Is there any tips on maybe upgrading our room beforehand or even when we arrive?

Thanks.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and are pleased with the hotel, and deal, you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We've used PL and Hotwire several times while staying in Kaanapali Maui, and we have always been given very nice rooms! We've scored the Hyatt Regency Maui in the past 2 or 3 times and have always been upgraded at last one category automatically, and the last time we won the Hyatt they'd already upgraded us to a partial ocean view [not a heavily traveled time of the year] and so I inquired about upgrading to oceanFRONT! I think we paid $185 on Priceline and we upgraded ourselves for another $65 a night plus tax, so you can negotiate with the hotels even after winning.

Just make sure to ask them when checking in where your room is, because they might automatically put you in a nice room with a view, and if you don't like the room they are more likely than not happy to charge you for an upgrade. My advice to you is to do your homework before leaving home and check at least 3 websites for the prices of the Sheraton and also check the Sheraton's own site to see what rooms are still available. For example, if the Sheraton is showing only Garden views available, then that's probably all the hotel has but if the site shows several categories available, then the hotel probably has a lot of availability.

We recently [last week] stayed at a property and I'd paid for a simple bottom category, but upon checking in they were out of the garden view and mountain view

so they automatically gave us a partial ocean view. This did not happen at the Sheraton, but these are the types of things that could happen.

The garden views at the Sheraton are pretty nice. We ALWAYS ask the front desk to show us a map of the room's location and ask to NOT be near service elevators, maintenance-type places, garbage bins, et cet. I am perfectly happy in Hawaii to have a beautiful garden view room! Hawaii is so beautifu;l.

Sorry for such a lengthy response.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]