New to this site - need help

mmiller18
By mmiller18,
in

I've been using priceline a bit since having to travel for my childs sporting events. Was doing good earlier in the year but prices seem to be going up and I'm not getting my preferred hotels like I used to and the locations have been somewhat off. I need help finding 3.5 star rated hotels. I prefer the Hyatt Place or anything similar.

And help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

Are you wanting to bid a particular city (or cities) right now, or just asking in general?

There is no way to target specific hotels or avoid specific hotels when bidding Priceline.

There seems to be higher rates in lots of areas. I've seen many people mention that $$s that used to win just no longer are sufficient. Also, as you move from late winter and spring into summer tourism will push rates up in many areas.

Others here would appreciate your help if you would post your prior winning bids. When researching a trip, it really is informative to see a number of postings for a particular city/zone/star level. It gives one a better idea where to start, where things might end up, and what hotels are likely. And people often contribute little tips like a good nearby restaurant, or some detail about finding the place, or even something about the room like asking for the north side to be away from freeway traffic noise.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread with the details of your next trip and we'll continue the discussion above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]