EWR Newark Fullsize Budget

gallafam
By gallafam,
in

I had booked the airfare about a month before booking so thought I'd take my time with getting the car through Priceline. The cost seems to be very demand sensitive, so I started low.

I used around $22 per day for full size and got on different days an "accept $29 dollars to win". Knowing that the lowest price would be somewhere in between $22 and $29, I tracked pricing on hotwire and decided to keep going at around $22-$23 as long as the price didn't track upwards. Closer to the travel date, the price did go up, so I upped my bid but with the same result (accept $29 to win). I rejected this time and then got a "special offer" of $190 for the week. Since this was less than $29/day, I booked it. I believe this is just like booking thru the regular Priceline website.

Regardless, used the PRICELINE link to start the process, as always. Total price was $295 for the week but is charged when the car is returned, since I think this is a cancelable reservation. Price is decent and the canx feature is not a benefit to me on this trip but may be to other users

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]