Priceline Hotel: 4* or 5* NYC 7/28-8/1 bidding help

Inkind
By Inkind,
in

Have been reading up on the strategies.

7/28 - 8/1

Should I have a seperate bid for the weekend?

It doesn't matter to us if we move but of course it will be easier to stay put. Does it pay for me to look for a 5* in MTE and use the 6 rebids for a possible deal?

If "failed" can I then restart bidding immediately, at a lower price with a 4*, starting in MTW after backing out of the brouser?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can bid for 5* and then for 4*, but not the other way around. No harm in trying for the 5*, but we haven't seen it come up in a very long time.

If you let us know your maximum bid at each level and which zones you're willing to bid we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you don't want the MTS area then i wouldn't include it at this point... as it's not likely to affect your bidding that much and the chances of you getting accepted in that zone over the others is quite low.

This is how i would proceed for a 4*, where you have two re-bid zones:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried the entire strategy except for the last bidding at 140+ with no luck. I was about to try 7/29-8/1 Fri,Sat,Sun. starting again with the original strategy starting at 110. Then bid seperately for Thurs 7/28 at some price, poss 140. Ehat do you think?

I was bidding these same zones for 4* on 7/28-7/30 about 2 weeks ago. Was originally trying to stay around $140-$150 I had seen the Waldorf was going for around this price about that time. I finally upped my bid up to $160 and got the Intercontinental Barclay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]