Hotwire Hotel: 4* hotel in Jersey City-Hoboken

spacecowboy
By spacecowboy,
in

Hello,

I am planning a trip to NYC on 04/09-04/12 and have been trying to secure a hotel in Jersey City. My previous bids for a 4* in jersey city on priceline up to $145 haven't been accepted so far. I just searched on hotwire and found that it offers a 4* hotel for $118 with the following amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access. I know that besides Westin and Hyatt listed on Priceline, Hotwire also includes a Sheraton in this area. Can anyone help me identify which one it is on Hotwire? I am a bit worried about the transportation from the Sheraton to NYC as I would not rent a car during this stay.

Thanks very much!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

My guess for this listing would be the Sheraton Suites. Board moderator thereuare is familiar with the area and can provide thoughts on transit options from this property, although when I look at the NJ Transit website there does appear to be a bus that runs from nearby to the Port Authority (on the NJ Transit website, when searching for the itinerary from this area to the Port Authority, it shows the 126 bus, but there may be others - see njtransit.com.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

There is a NJ Transit bus that picks-up/drops-off virtually right in front of the door of the Sheraton so getting into the city is not really much of an issue... traveling by bus is certainly not as much fun or of an interesting traveling experience as traveling by train, but it's certainly do-able.

The other 'issue' with this hotel is that there is not much in the immediate area (a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and a Houlihan's), BUT the new pedestrian walkway has opened which not makes it considerably easier to get to Hoboken where you can have access to all the bars, restaurants, and nightlife there (still much more to do 'downtown' hoboken vs. 'uptown', but still enough options uptown and worst case scenario a taxi anywhere within Hoboken is just $5)

With the new waterfront walkway opening the Sheraton Suites becomes a better option, but it is still the least favored 'known' 4* hotel in the zone since the others offer PATH train access to Manhattan (vs. taking the bus) and have more in the immediate area, but for the right price/savings it's certainly a viable option.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]