TX Dallas Le Meridien Galleria

seaile
By seaile,
in

Just came back from a great stay at the Hilton Suites in Dallas. The staff is very friendly. I showed them my Hilton card asked if I could use it for incidentals was told I could not (I am not complaining). However I did receive an upgrade. I was very thankful. I rec'd a corner king suite on the second floor. Very nice room quite I did not hear a sound all night.

The location of the hotel is fantastic for shopping, located next to the Galleria mall. The hotel also provides a free shuttle service. I didn't use it (since I had my car). I ordered breakfast from room service. It was okay not as good as the Marriott (3* located in the same area) but it was good all the same. Very fast, it was delivered within 10 minutes (seemed like 5).

I would say I would recommend this hotel. It was a true 4* and the staff made the stay so enjoyable.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Review of LeMeridien Dallas North

This hotel was very nice. The renovation is finished and the rooms are amazing. If you don't like modern then you'll hate this hotel, but other than that it is amazing. "Chic" would be an understatement. For the price you can't beat this place. (Got it for $43 on priceline)

Keep in mind there is an $18 valet parking fee per night (No self-parking). If the room wasn't cheap (between 40-60) then this fee would be ridiculous as the parking lot is literally 20 feet away and isn't covered.

Sidenote: This Galleria-Dallas North zone on priceline always delivers really good deals on nice hotels, and it's a great area.

• 8 months later...

The Le Meridien / Dallas Galleria really should be classified as a 3* or 3.5*....not a 4*. The parking fee is ridiculous...$20 per night which

bumps your average total evening cost to about $65+. I've gotten this hotel at $45 which is a deal and they used to only charge $12 a night

for parking (when it was Hilton Garden Suites, later Pravda). But the hotel doesn't have much more to offer as a Le Meridien than when it

was under other names. Parking isn't covered...and you have to walk a bit to get to your car, especially if you're a late check in.

Honestly... there are some really good 3* around the Dallas Galleria zone that don't charge parking fees... like the Sheraton Dallas North

at LBJ & Tollway.... even the Intercontinental (4*) has free parking and the Westin Galleria (4*) has the self-serve free parking option.

Unless PL reclassifies this hotel to a 3 or 3.5*, I'm not going to bid for a 4* in the Galleria zone.. too many other really great values

close by to put up with this nonsense. Sort of defeats the purpose of a PL bid IMHO.

• 1 year later...

Put this review on tripadvisor, but thought we would share here too since we got the hotel through priceline.

My wife and I went up for a long weekend (5 nights) to see old friends in Dallas. We have stayed in a number of hotels in the Dallas area over the years (Westin, Crowne Plaza, Hampton, Hyatt, Hilton, Adam's Mark, Sheraton). By far the Westin Galleria is one of our favorites. But we saw a good deal at a "4 star" hotel at Le Meridien so we thought we would take a chance. We got it for $49 a night on priceline, which we thought was a really good deal. We knew about the $20 a day parking policy before we got there so it wasn't a shock to us and we worked it into how much the room really was (a functional $69 a night plus tax.) I think the parking was excessive, most valet's I've used before are 5, 10, or 15. When we got there I was relatively impressed by the valet's. The first valet, Kenny, took the stuff up to our room and was very helpful. He got in and out of the room so fast I had to track him down to give him his tip. The other valet's, on the other hand, were horrible. They were slow, and inattentive...I was not as generous in my tipping as I usually am with valet's because (at $20 the tip should be included) and the service sucked. When we checked in the receptionist said (somewhat loudly and condesendingly) that we had purchased the room with priceline at $49 a night. I thought it was odd that she said anything, we've used priceline, hotwire, and Travelocity before, but the front desk has never said anything to us about it before. The room was a poor attempt at being chic, but failed miserably. The room was all white with accents of black...it was a bad attempt at french decor. You could tell, by the white paint how dinged and worn everything was. A word of advice to the hotel, using soft or colored lights would go a LONG way in making everything look better. The pool was just about the same, poorly kept. One person who came down to swim accidentally pulled the railing out of the concrete twice, getting in and out of the pool (talk about poor workmanship.) Housekeeping only came 3 out of the 5 days we were there, and we had to ask for it almost everyday. They came one day at 3pm, one day after 5pm, and one day we had to ask the front desk to send them when we left for dinner at 7pm because they had not come yet. The first time they did a poor job (put dirty towels back on the rack and barely made the bed.) The second time they did a little better but not much. The last day was the only time they vacuumed and actually did a decent job cleaning up the place. On the morning we left I called the front desk and asked them to send someone up to help with our luggage. We waited over half an hour and no one came. I walked down to the valet to ask for help, they clearly had not been notified. I tipped one man $5 to help us, he came to the room with the cart, but I had to put all the luggage on the cart myself, and when we got to the car I had to load the trunk myself. (What did I just tip for?) I know this is going to come across as a snobby review, but for a hotel that claims it is 4 stars, I expected MUCH better. Save yourself the trouble, stay at the Westin next door, they know how to treat their guests. If the hotel listed itself as a 3 or a 3.5 star, perhaps it would warrant a more favorable review.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]