Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Marina) The Modern Honolulu

vvvvv37
By vvvvv37,
in

Hi

I've tried bidding for the past 10days and still failing...

Waikiki Beach area 4* hotel is Hyatt hotel and Waikiki Marina area 4* hotel is Prince hotel as far as I know.

My last requestion was like below.

4*/ Honolulu Airport (HNL), Executive Center, Diamond Head Area, Waikiki Beach Area, Waikiki City Central, Waikiki Marina Area / $143 per night. / 4.19-4.23.

I tried every day and still can get a room! Also I think $143 per night for those hotels are already too much. Am I wrong? How should I bid tomorrow?

Oh, and I used your PRICELINE link.

Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There just aren't that many 4* hotels which doesn't leave many hotels available to accept your bid, and if hotels are a little busier than usual for these dates then they may not be discounting as deeply (or offering inventory to PRICELINE at all). As an example, the Hawaii Prince is sold-out for your dates above, so the chances of receiving this property are greatly diminished, and also may be indicative of higher than usual demand in the area for these specific dates.

Also, i note that you didn't mention the 4* Hilton Prince Kuhio yet you are bidding the City Central zone, so that is another property to at least be aware of (not sure if you were trying to use City Central as a re-bid zones or if you were aware that there were 4* properties in this zone... see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained if you're unsure how to determine your re-bid zones).

Lastly, note that while you're bidding 4*, this is the minimum star rating that you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE could always upgrade your 4* bid to a Resort/5* property, so there are other possibilities than just the 4* hotels you've mentioned above.

With all of the above noted, it can sometimes take more than $143/nite to win a 4* or higher rated hotel in this zone (especially if the few 4* hotels aren't offering any deeply discounted inventory and you ultimately end up getting upgraded to a Resort class property), is this your maximum bid for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm thinking about $155 per night as maximum.

I know they can always upgrade my 4* bid to a Resort hotel but I thought it's almost imposible.

Anyway, then what do you suggest me to do in next bid?

I don't really care about which hotel I get. If 4* or higher then I don't mind.

Thank you for helping.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful for not much more than you're previously rejected bids.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]