Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (South Portland - Scarborough) Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Portland

megev
By megev,
in

3* South Portland-Scarborough Maine for 3/31 to 4/1/12 - Doubletree By Hilton.

This was a rather short notice trip so I was really hoping to score something decent. I already knew I could get a bottom line hotel for about $52- Americas Best Value Inn with Value Club membership. While that is definitely my "fall back/bottom line" hotel, I was hoping I could get something better for about the same or less. I started my bidding at 3.5* with South Portland at $45 and bid up to $55 adding both Portland West and Biddeford-Saco zones. After my first rebid I got an offer to increase my bid by $20 (from $50 to $70). I chose to add Biddeford and $5 and got nothing. Started new session and bid 3* in South Portland for $40 and bid up to $55 (using "permutation bidding) and got nothing. Started another new session and bid 2.5* $40 and bid up to $53 this time.... and "ta-da"... got upgraded to 3* Doubletree in South Portland zone. I have no idea why I didn't just get the Doubletree when I bid up to $55 for a 3*, but I'll take it.

Now lets just hope their $50 "Refundable" pet deposit is, in fact, refundable. I started my bidding using the PRICELINE link. Thanks for the site, it always helps me research.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]