Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Loop) W City Center

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

Have relatives coming into the city and they wanted to stay in a hotel. Not only that, but I wanted someplace really nice and I didn't want them to spend a lot (in other words, I wanted to get son-in-law brownie points) This is NOT a particularly good weekend for that. Priceline bidding did not go over well up to $115, then the only other option was $159 one night at the Swissotel and $160something (special discount that they have) at the Wyndham the other night. Not bad, but not optimal. Saw this W deal pop up on Hotwire on Saturday (yesterday) and then disappear Sat. night. I figured that was it for that.

Had just given up on that when it popped up again today - got it for $128 a night for 2 nights + $20 off (GIFTCARD06)

Oddly, I was skipping back and forth between a couple of screens and it was going back-and-forth between $125 and $128, but I ended up going at it for $128.

Amenities are the usual 4 star loop fitness/hi-speed internet/restaurant.

There is really no other good inexpensive option for these dates. The only thing cheaper downtown would be staying regular rate at the Congress - considered by many to be the city's worst hotel. The Holiday Inn Merchandise Mart is also seen on Hotwire for these dates (it includes the laundry icon) for $167.

Just looked at Hotwire again and the W is still showing at $130.

Lowest official W site rate for these dates is $239 a night.

Nice deal... i'm sure your relatives will be quite pleased and enjoy their stay.

The price differences, as you probably know, are all part of Hotwire's business model in order to increase opacity (others following along can see Why Hotwire Prices Fluctuate During the Day)

Thanks for the post.

95 Z/28 LT1,

If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC and include the dates you're seeking

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]