Priceline Hotel: NYC MDW July 28 - 31

Guest anjelad
By Guest anjelad,
in

Guest anjelad

Hi. My boyfriend and I are traveling to NYC July 28 - 31st. We would like to stay in the Times Square area. I have tried Pricelining up to $130 and have no luck. I am familiar with the rebidding zones, and am currently bidding for 4 star hotels. We don't want to spend more than $130 per night (taxes are very high). Looking through past theads, I have seen prices at this range. Should I wait to book again, or lower by star rating to 3 stars?

Thanks for your help!

Guest anjelad

What area would be the next best place to look at? MTE? Also, is it better to wait to priceline (as it gets closer to the date), or is it better to priceline in advance?

I recommend always bidding early... your maximum bid is low enough for this area that i don't think you risk an overbid. Nobody knows if rates will go up or down between now and your stay, it all depends upon how actual booking come in relative to expecations. You can read more opinions about when to bid in this thread: PRICELINE WHEN TO BID.

Is $130 your maximum bid (or is that after taxes and fees?)

Most 'tourists' bid on the MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS zones. You can read about the priceline zones here: NYC ZONE DESCRIPTIONS.

If you let us know which zones are acceptable we'll suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Guest anjelad

Our maximum bid is $130 (which nears $150 per night with taxes). We don't want to take cabs anywhere and would like to stay in a "touristy" area, as it is both of our first times in NYC. I have read the NYC Zones post and believe we can stay in MDE or MDW. Any help is appreciated!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]