Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City - Hoboken - Weehawken) Westin Jersey City Newport

nominee
By nominee,
in

Hello all,

I'm looking to reserve 4 rooms via priceline for a 4* Newark - Jersey City hotel (The W, Westin, or Hyatt Regency) for the dates of 04/14-04/17.

Does anybody have any experience 'naming your own bid' for multiple rooms? Is it more likely or less likely to get a better deal this way?

I tried a bid of $77 per room today - did not get accepted.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We've seen many users have bids accepted in this zone when bidding for multiple rooms. Bidding for multiple rooms is usually a non-factor, but if it does have an effect, it's to the downside.

However, ~$77 is usually not enough to win a 4* hotel in this zone, what is your maximum bid for htis trip? Are you familiar with, and using your re-bid zones (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, but if you're new to the concept, it's highly recommended you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Darn...I had hoped multiple rooms would equate to more guaranteed money for the hotel resulting in a discount.

I had success booking The W in this area during the July 4th long weekend for around $130 (taxes in) - so I believe my bid would've been around $110 last year.

I believe this area has 6 re-bidding zones since 'Jersey City' is the only zone with a 4* hotel - correct?

I'd like to bid no more than $110 before taxes.

You're correct, when bidding 4* in the Jersey City area you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is a good discussion about timing one's bids in the FAQ's (above).

But IMHO (a member, not a mod), now. Possibly not clear up to your max budget (up to you), but certainly explore the lower range.

Hotwire's lowest 4* (Hoboken) is currently $127, so even if you have to go clear to $110 it will be a nice saving.

Romelle

Let us know how the next round of bidding goes.

While i know that SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID isn't ideal, i will add that i think you can get 2 out of 3 of your nites for ~$100/nite... then stay somewhere else for the 3rd nite, even taking some of the savings and possibly staying in Manhattan for the last nite.

Alternately, if your $120 bid fails and you decide to continue to creep higher, you could probably get a decent hotel Downtown Manhattan for ~$130-$150/nite.

Keep us updated on your bidding and let us know how the next try goes.

Ok - I bid up to $129 today...and all rejected :(

When you suggest splitting 2 nights in order to get the ~$100 rate - would that be the [sat/Sun] & [Monday] OR [sat] & [sun/Mon]?

Alternatively I guess I'll need to work on a strategy for Downtown Manhattan - I presume for $130-150 4* hotel - that would be 'Downtown - Financial District - Area 5 ?

Hi all,

We're having our jack n' jill in NYC April 14-17th - so we're looking to get 4 rooms in the same hotel. Could I get some help with bid/re-bidding plan?

Looking at the priceline map - it appears that I will have 16 re-bid zones - is that correct?

Areas 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 - only areas 1 and 8 are outside of Manhattan.

Would like to find a 4* hotel anywhere in the Manhattan area in the price range of $130-150. Possible?

Note: I tried getting something in Hoboken/Jersey City, but all my bids up to $129 were rejected.

Just making sure i understand you..

You want a 4* hotel in Manhattan between the 14th and 17th of April. You need 4 rooms at a maximum of $150?!

If that's correct -

Your rebidding idea is wrong. You should read the Rebidding topic here to understand it better.

There are 18 zones in NYC, 7 of them does not have 4* hotels so you can use them to re-bid again before the 24 hours limit to up your price.

Now about the price, if you are looking for hotels in the midtown area of NYC then i do not believe you will be able to find something at $150 you want to spend. The dates you are looking for are not cheap. If you are willing to try in the downtown area than you will have a better chance in wining a bid.

You are looking for 3 nights, 4 rooms a night. That means 12 nights for the same hotel to give for a much lower price than the usual price. Maybe someone that has been around here longer than i can tell you if it's possible or not but 4 rooms in the same hotel may be harder to get.

You can rebid in any of the 18 areas if you dont mind getting a 4* hotel anywhere. That includes Brooklyn for example that has 4* hotel but you are looking to stay in Manhattan and not all areas in Manhattan has 4* hotel, those areas you can use to rebid instead of waiting the 24 hours that priceline want you to wait.

I dont know if there is something on those dates, you will have to search the internet and see about that.

Yes, downtown area means the financial district. Zone 5 on priceline.

If location is less important than i would suggest marking all locations that has 4* and start from around $140 and go up. With the 7 rebidding zones you have you can go up to $175 with jumps of $5 each time.

I dont believe that you will be able to find a hotel for less than $140, even at that i will be surprised if you get a hotel.

Please keep us updated on how it went.

Hey all,

Contemplating booking through Hotwire for a 4* unnamed hotel - and this hotel is a 1 in 4 possibility for the Hoboken area. I know that the other 3 hotels (W, Hyatt, Westin) are all within walking distance to 'The Path' subway system.

Wondering if anybody has stayed at this Sheraton - and how difficult/easy is it to take the bus into NYC? I read about the ferry option, but seems expensive.

Thanks for your comments.

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]