Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (Skokie - Niles - Evanston) Doubletree Hotel And Conference Center Chicago North Shore

ohaio
By ohaio,
in

Hello, I need help booking (2) rooms on NMA or Loop for 3/31~4/1/12. Is it more expensive to book multiple rooms? Would like to get 4* for around $100 + taxes/fees.

Another option is to purchase on hotwire. Do you know which hotel this might be?

3star North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area hotel - $114/night

Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s)

Thank you

PS - I'll use the link when ready to buy.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried this morning with no luck for a 4*. Used rebid zones to go up to $105 for NMA and Loop.

Might have to drop to 3.5*. Saw someone get the Club Quarters Wacker. Does anyone know if this hotel offers access to a swimming pool?

Do most 4* have swimming pools? My bid price is getting close to a named hotel deal so might take sure thing to guarantee a swimming pool.

To the OP: You have some time, so why not try to book the 5* James hotel... on Lastminutetravel.com for $95/nite. Most other sites have it at 4*.Though it shows up "on request", you can still try to book it. Within a day or so, they will let you know if they have the rooms. If not, you can keep trying on Priceline.

I'd like to be less than $125 total to save money for parking. Would 3* give me better chances of staying in budget and pool? I didn't see a lot of bid results for 3* NMA/Loop so not sure what is typical price.

Another option is Skokie since Doubletree was a recent result...good price, no parking fee, and swimming pool. Just not convenient.

To the OP: You have some time, so why not try to book the 5* James hotel... on Lastminutetravel.com for $95/nite. Most other sites have it at 4*.Though it shows up "on request", you can still try to book it. Within a day or so, they will let you know if they have the rooms. If not, you can keep trying on Priceline.

Thanks for the tip. How do you know it's the James? Out of curiosity, I checked the James out but they don't show any rooms available during my trip and no pool. :(

Anyone else on this forum have any experience with Lastminutetravel.com?

In terms of staying outside the city, I would suggest that really only if you have a car. There are some really nice hotels in the North burbs that can be had at times for as little as $40/50. Free parking, nice areas, some nice sights in the burbs, but again, it comes down to driving to a Metra station (and the Metra trains are nicer than the CTA trains) and taking the train in. For some people, the savings (cheaper hotel + if you're driving saving a ton on parking) is worth it. For some people, it isn't.

For example, I see what appears to be the Hyatt Deerfield (which has a nice pool) on HOTWIRE for $53 for these dates when searching for 2 people per room. I'm guessing you could get it for $40-45 via PRICELINE when bidding 3.5* in the Deerfield zone. The other "knowns" in the Deerfield zone at the 3.5* level are the Marriott Suites (I've stayed here a couple of times but never looked at the pool - the website says both indoor and outdoor pools) and Embassy Suites (has smallish pool, very nice ES.) There may be others in this zone not yet reported to the board at the 3.5* level, but I don't know what they could be.

However, that would mean about a 3-4 minute drive to the nearest Metra station and taking the train downtown for around 40 minutes or so (depending.)

Downtown is, unfortunately, busy on these dates. I'm guessing you're looking at in the neighborhood of $125-135 for a 4* in either of the two downtown zones.

The issue with the Doubletree in Skokie is that it's really not near transportation. Otherwise, really nice area. The Holiday Inn that is also a possibility in the zone does not get good reviews.

Let us know your thoughts and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Glad you were able to get the Doubletree instead of the Holiday Inn. You may want to ask for a higher floor, preferably looking South. While not outstanding, higher floors at this property should have a pretty nice view of the surrounding area. The Skokie Swift station is about a mile away; Evanston's probably 3-4-5 miles away and there are a few parking garages in downtown Evanston (http://www.cityofevanston.org/parking/lots-garages/.) Further away, but Evanston has a lot going for it in terms of restaurants and some shopping.

Enjoy your stay, and definitely grab a Doubletree cookie at check-in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]