Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Civic Center South - Hayes Valley) Whitcomb

mposin
By mposin,
in

I read some reviews of this place that were less than flattering, but we had a good experience. We arrived late at night, and when I was checking in I could see the front desk guy frowning at his computer screen. I asked him why and he said it was because he only had a handicap room left. He said he could switch me in the morning, and that meanwhile he wouldn't charge me for parking the first night. Free parking in San Francisco! Great! The room turned out to be just fine - the only difference that I could see was that it had a stand-up shower and no bath. Big deal. I don't take baths anyway. The room was nicely appointed, and clean. The hotel was certainly once quite grand, and retains some old-time charm. The Civic Center area had gotten a bit seedy 20 or 30 years ago, but seems to be on its way back up (though there is still the odd homeless person wandering around). I would happily go back to the Whitcomb for the price we paid.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you had a good experience and enjoyed the hotel more than you had anticipated you would.

Thank you for sharing your win and experience at this property with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I answered my own question about the 3.5 star vs. 3.0 star rating on hotwire.com of the Whitcomb Hotel. I booked a room last night at the Whitcomb, using hotwire.com for the dates, April 5-10 for $69 per night. It is definitely listed as a 3.5 star hotel. The amenities listed are "Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant." If you click on the small blue link that says, "see all" it also lists "Business Center, and High Speed Internet."

Pablosailor,

Glad to hear you made a successful purchase of the Whitcomb.

Can you please post the details of your win (star rating, city, zone, hotel, room rate, dates and amenities shown before your purchase) as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]