Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Upper West Side) The Empire Hotel

rjsmith
By rjsmith,
in

We were hoping to get some really good deals through Priceline's Name Your Own Price (as we have in the past with other locations throughout the US). But New York is an exception. Don't get me wrong, we still paid less than the average nightly rate for the area ($250+/night). My husband and I have been reading some reviews of the hotel and are now a little skeptical. That's the only thing I don't like about the NYOP, it chooses a hotel for you. If anyone has stayed in this hotel, please feel free to comment about it.

Actually I would say this rate is pretty phenomenal for New York in May, which is very high season. You did extremely well. Congratulations. Good deals are all relative to the city at hand. I am seeing the average nightly rate at this property for your dates are $379 a night.

Actually I would say this rate is pretty phenomenal for New York in May, which is very high season. You did extremely well. Congratulations. Good deals are all relative to the city at hand. I am seeing the average nightly rate at this property for your dates are $379 a night.

AGREED. you should be extremely happy. i checked out "recent winning bids" on priceline and saw someone get one for like $150 and saved 58%! so if you got it for $112 then you saved like over 65-70%! sorry as you can see i'm not exactly a math whiz =) besides, if it's a 4 star hotel for that cheap during high-season, how bad can it be?

Congrats on your success. :)

Very, very nice deal for this NYC property! Keep in mind with reviews that many of them are from people who paid full price, which with this property can be $200-250 or sometimes well above.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 5 weeks later...

ive stayed there several times and love the empire. you cant beat the location for central park and lincoln center is acrross the street . however ,unless you upgrade you will get a room facing a wall that is quite small . i recomend upgrading to a room facing the front .nice view of lincoln center . also get a room as high up as you can . this upgrade will keep your cost under 200 a night . regular price for a view room there is 350 -450. the deli across the street next to the folk museum is awsome for omlettes and a quick lunch .dizzys down the street has great jazz and dinner with a view of columbus circle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]