Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy for Playa Del Carmen - Resort

lejimenez
By lejimenez,
in

Hi all,

I recently saw a winning bid by someone else here for the Riu Palace Mexico (All-Inclusive). I want to attempt to get this property but when I select "resorts" under the Playa del Carmen zone, I do not see the "all inclusive" feature there. This scares me because I do not want to be stuck with a hotel that does not have the all inclusive option. Could anyone please share some advice as to how to proceed? Could it be that Priceline has forgotten to simply update the listed features in the resort tab in the priceline bidding zone of PDC?

Another question...

When Priceline is not showing availability for a hotel on your desired range of dates, does the Priceline bidding system have it's own pool of availability to pull from?

Thank you so much.

Could it be that Priceline has forgotten to simply update the listed features in the resort tab in the priceline bidding zone of PDC?

As PRICELINE only shows 'traits' that are associated with all hotels in a given zone, it's possible that PRICELINE has added a new hotel in this area and therefore now that all properties in the zone are not All-Inclusive, the amenity has been removed.

HOTWIRE may still be an option for an all-inclusive hotel in this area.

When Priceline is not showing availability for a hotel on your desired range of dates, does the Priceline bidding system have it's own pool of availability to pull from?

The 'retail' and 'opaque' side of their service eah use a different universe of hotels, so it's possible that one side inventory while the other does not, as well as some hotels that participate in one side of the service but not the other side of their service. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for more information on this subject.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]