Priceline Hotel: Help for Hotel in New Jersey Close to Public Transit to NYC

kindheartedguy
By kindheartedguy,
in

Hi all! I'm back again.

I need your expertise again, very similar to my case last time:

I would like to find a hotel close to NYC for 2 nights (April 6 to 8, 2012). I will be driving to the hotel (from Quebec), then taking public transportation to go to NYC.

Last time I got the following and I was very satisfied: 3* Newark - Meadowlands (Secaucus - North Bergen) Crowne Plaza Meadowlands $65 ... 11/19/11-11/20/11

This time, I want to try and lower my cost even more. (Budget: preferably under 60$, max 65)

My situation:

- I am a bit hard up so that's why I'm considering staying in a satellite city next to NYC.

- I would like to take the public transportation from the hotel to get to NYC.

My criteria for hotel:

- I would like to stay in a 2.5*+ hotel (preferably close to a bus or train station)

- I am quite impecunious(lol, that's why I'm here) so I would like to pay as little as possible.

My questions:

- Which New Jersey neighborhood(s) should I choose?

- What should be my bidding strategy/How should I proceed?

Thank you! You're expertise is greatly appreciated, and I will definitely use the link you provide from here!

My suggestion would be to consider the Secaucus-North Bergen and Meadowlands-Rutherford zones. As well, Jersey City could be considered too, and while it is unlikely you will win a hotel in this zone, note that hotels in this zone typically charge for parking (~$25/day) although there is parking on the street within a mile of the hotels from Friday 6pm-Monday 7am (last time i checked) so depending what time you arrive/depart into town you would need to pay for parking for at last part of your trip (the alternative is to stop your trip en-route, park your car at a train station, and come the rest of the way to this area via mass transit... then do the same to get back to your car for the ride home). Again, i think unlikely you win a hotel in the Jersey City zone, but these are options if you did, but the advantage is that this zone offers the quickest and most convenient options to commute to NYC.

Please confirm if the Secaucus-North Bergen and Meadowlands-Rutherford zones are acceptable, and if you would also want to include Jersey City in your bidding, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 2.5* level there are no re-bid zones, but you can try as follows:

Select 2.5* Secaucus...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* North Bergen...

Select 2.5* Jersey City...

Select 2.5* Secaucus and Jersey City...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* Secaucus and North Bergen...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* Secaucus and Jersey City and North Bergen...

Bid $50

I'd start with the above, if rejected post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

im just assuming you meant meadowlands instead of north bergen...

i did the following :

Select 2.5* Secaucus...

Bid $40, rejected

Select 2.5* Meadowlands...

Bid $40, rejected

Bid $40, rejected

Bid $45, rejected

Select 2.5* Secaucus and Meadowlands...

Bid $45, rejected

Select 2.5* Secaucus and Jersey City and Meadowlands...

Bid $50 rejected

what should i do next after 24h?

Yes, i did mean Meadowlands in stead of North Bergen, sorry about that, but glad that you were able to easily figure it out. :)

24 hours after your last rejected bid i'd re-try:

Select 2.5* Secaucus...

Bid $53, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $58

Any questions feel free to ask.

If you're still willing to go as high as $65/nite you can try one last time:

Select 2.5* Secaucus...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $63, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $63, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $65

If you were willing to pay $65 + $25 parking for the Jersey City area you may want to bid a little higher in only Secaucus and/or North Bergen since parking at hotels in these zones is typically free... assuming you really want to visit the area this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...

hi.. i did not succeed. so i ultimately gave up. Although I do appreciate all the help! Thank you so much!

I have stayed at the 1* Extended Stay America located in the Meadowlands-Rutherford zone. While it's not my favorite hotel chain, I feel It offers good value, I have bid around $50 and won it. Parking is free and wifi is $4.99 for the duration of your stay. You could drive to the NJ Transit Park and Ride and take the 320 bus into the city, a round trip ticket and parking was $9.50 the last time I used it. Don't give up, anything worthwhile takes time and effort.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]