Priceline Hotel: The W Hollywood

mitch_mac
By mitch_mac,
in

Apologies in advance as i know alot of you have said how you never can guarantee anything but i thought id try as it definitley helps my chances..

I am traveling to los angeles and need a hotel with 2 rooms for 4 people ( 2 in each) for thursday 5th april and checking out on monday 9th april.

I desperately want to stay at the W Hollywood so want to find out if i should use priceline or hotwire based on recent results from people.

I have found several forum topics with the W and people got it through priceline and some got it through hotwire..

which one can be more certain? hotwire im guessing?

if anyone knows how i should bid in priceline, which areas, what prices to maximise my chances or which hotwire deal to chase please please please let me know!

thanks heaps

apologies agin im sure you are all sick of these threads, but im a rookie and have no idea how to use priceline or hotwire effectively!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates, rooms, occupancy, etc... is there a 4* hotel offered in the Hollywood? If so, is it within your budget? What are the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with this offer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.i did understand that however am just seeking some tips on increasing my chances of securing the W Hollywood.- i do understand you cant choose the hotel and that at the end of the day its increasing your chances only..

i searched 2 rooms with 2 people per room for the dates thursday 5th april and checking out monday 9th april in los angeles... then i selected 4 star and up..

out of all the results, there was only one that came up for Hollywood..

It is $1810.. for 2 rooms with 2 people per room..

i then clicked on facilities and a seperate window opened with the following message..

This hotel features the following amenities:

Please note that Hotwire cannot guarantee the level of services offered at a property and/or if services are operational at the time of visit. Services may be closed due to seasonality reasons and/or may be closed for renovation.

but it doesn't actually list any facilities or anything ??

says its had 500+ reviews on trip advisor as well..

anyone have any ideas???

do people think i should use priceline or hotwire?

Please change the currency drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to US Dollars (and if applicable the country to United States). Then search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

After completing the above, does the 4* hotel offered have amenities associated with it? What is the room rate per nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I did what you said - changed it to u.s dollars and u.s site came up.

i again searched for 2 rooms for 2 people per room.

thursday 9th april to monday 9th april in los angeles

i got a result for a 4 star hollywood area hotel for $224 per night.

then the amenities are as follows..

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

any ideas??

also- i am booking for me and 3 mates so we want our own bed.. is this available??.. to have 2 double beds rather then one double bed when booking for 2 people per room??

thanks for all your help, looking forward to your response.

i again searched for 2 rooms for 2 people per room.

Note that the number of adults you select on HOTWIRE's form is the total number of guests, not per room... so you would actually want to select 2rooms/4adults if you're looking to put 2adults in each room.

any ideas??

The HOTWIRE property you reference above matches previous reports for the W Hotel Hollywood so that would be my best guess for this one.

also- i am booking for me and 3 mates so we want our own bed.. is this available??

Only if the 'bed choice' option is given after you click the CONTINUE button from the first page... sometimes (not very often) you can pick the bed configuration of the room for a slightly higher fee. Another way to go about it though is if you search for 2rooms/4adults/4chidlren. Since is essentially requesting quad occupancy per room you're basically by default ensured of separate sleeping accommodations for each person in your group (since four people can't sleep in one bed). However, the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc. As well, often the price will change and/or a different hotel will be offered when searching for quad occupancy vs. double occupancy.

If you search HOTWIRE for 2rooms/4adults/4children does the same hotel (based upon the amenities shown) appear? If so, is the price the same/similar too?

sorry- yeh i have been putting in 2 rooms 4 adults..

i tried what you said and put 4 adults 4 children, 4 star and above.. and i get one result for hollywood area hotel..

$145 per room per night..

amenities are

Amenities:

Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access..

$145 scares me a bit.. surely the W wouldn't be that cheap? so this leads me to think its a diff place??

thoughts?

thanks again for all your help

i have also searched again my usual search of 2 rooms 4 adults, same dates 4 stars los angeles, and now that deal i was spekaing about above is gone and the price is now $135 for the hollywood area hotel.. 4 star with the following amenities

Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access..

again being this low makes me think it wont be the w any more?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]