Priceline Hotel: 3* Richmond (Airport RIC) Wyndham Richmond Airport Hotel

kjones
By kjones,
in

Hope to remember to post back a review of everything. Although I know that Priceline bookings are for two people, my husband and I will be traveling with my 11 year-old son so I'm hoping this works out ok. Thanks for all the info that helped me to know what to bid.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me a week to post back--things are very busy around here with Spring making its emergence and all the grand things that come with that.

I placed my bid on the Saturday before the Friday check-in. I called the hotel on Tuesday and asked if it would be possible to get a room that had two beds upon check in. The receptionist was very friendly and quick to tell me that it would be no problem to accomadate my request.

We arrived at the Wyndham around 7 pm. Check-in was effortless and took no time at all. We were given a room on the first floor (# 119). This room was more than accomadating. There were two double beds with very comfortable bedding, a lounge chair with arm rests that doubled as a place to set a laptop, a big desk with a very comfortable office chair, a large (maybe 47") flat-screen tv, a tucked-away mini fridge, an in-room safe, ironing board and iron, coffee maker with free coffees and teas and on-the-go coffee cups. All in all, it was very accomodating. The location to the indoor pool/24-hr fitness room from our room was perfect (two doors down) and I was also two door aways from an outside area in which to go smoke. Very convenient location to two very important things. Also, this room was an outside room, so we had no problems with it being too dark. Some reviews from TripAdvisor said inside rooms were dark from having to keep the curtains drawn from privacy. I could see this as being true but only on the first floor.

There were only three negatives that will stand out in my mind. One thing, the bathroom had no vent. Not only did someone going to the bathroom effect the whole room but it also took a long time for the mirrors to lose the condensation as there was no way to quell the humidity during showers. Next time I go on a trip I will be sure to carry air freshner, just in case, and the mirror problem is easily enough solved with a hand towel and a hairdryer.

Also, the doors are evidently somewhat thin as sounds from the hallway transfer into the room quite well. Lying on the beds was not a tremendous problem but in the bathroom near the room door, many times I thought someone must be standing right up on my door having their conversations. This was not the case...the noise out there just transferred in very well.

The last negative that stands out is that this hotel is listed as having a free continental breakfast. I asked a lady at the front desk late the first night how the continental breakfast worked and the hours it would be available. She checked my reservation through the computer and told me that with my particular reservations, adults were $6.95 each and children under 12 were complimentary. I figure this had to do with the fact I had booked through Priceline. I was still willing to give it a try the next morning since I had read in reviews that it was a decent breakfast and I was happy that it was on-site. My son and I went down the next morning. The hostess/waitress asked if we had ever been before. When I told her no, she offered to explain how the breakfast worked. She then informed me that the food on either end was free but the items in the middle, the hot food, would incur an additional charge of $8.95. My son and I ate strickly from the cereal and bagel side (the free side). Before we finished eating I was received the bill from the waitress...$14.60!?? The receipt says "2 Cont Breakfast $13.90". This made absolutely no sense to me. I paid the bill and chalked it up to a lesson learned that next time I want to see something in writing from the hotel about their continental breakfasts.

Overall, I really loved this experience. The hotel is very easy to get to. It was a very clean hotel with a modern, appropriate feel to it. Parking is free. The location of the hotel is right across from a very large shopping center housing all things from sit-down and fast food restaurants, a Target, a grocery store, and many, many more shops. If the traffic is right, you're a very short (less than 10 minute) drive to downtown Richmond. And because I booked through Priceline, I got a super good deal on a 3-star hotel, somewhere I could never have afforded to stay otherwise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]