Hotwire Hotel: NYC - 4 Star July 28-31/12 - HELP

cab
By cab,
in

Hello,

Planning a trip to NYC for July 28-31/12 and would like to stay in Midtown or Soho ideally. Budget is $250 per night and would like 4 stars or higher. I went on Hotwire and there is a 4 star in Midtown East with Restaurant, Internet, Business Centre, Fitness and Tennis Nearby (90% recommended). Wondering what hotels or if I would be better of trying to bid on Priceline vs Hotwire.

Would be overjoyed if I could end up at a W Hotel.

Any suggestions?

While this time period is unfortunately not as slow as the January-early March time frame, it's one of the slower times of the year in NYC due to the higher temps. While hotels are still pricey, you should not have an issue coming in under your desired $250 per night limit.

The 4* in MTE for $161 (you may see a slightly different price) is a possible match for the Grand Hyatt or Intercontinental Barclay. You could most likely get a better deal via PRICELINE (possibly as low as a 4* for $120-130 in Midtown, although you have time to start a little lower), but you have to be willing to accept any property in the selected zones at the selected star rating.

If a boutique/higher-end property is of interest, there are a number of possibilities regular-rate, although they would go towards the top-end of your desired budget. These include: Lowes Regency (on sale for $215 via Expedia), the Royalton ($254 on sale via Expedia) and others. There are also a number of HOTWIRE options within your price range.

Overall, would a "W-like" property be of great interest, or are you willing to accept any 4* in your desired areas?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]