MD Sheraton Columbia

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

Columbia is 30 minutes from Baltimore and 45 minutes to DC.

You are in for a treat if you get this hotel... It backs onto a a beautiful lake with plenty of walking trails, docks, fountains, restaurants, etc... The hotel is less than half a mile from the Columbia Town Center which is the largest mall in Maryland.

Inside, the large lobby features a 11-story atruim . Try and request a lake-view room in the new tower ... the staff are very friendly with taking requests. The rooms are slightly old-fashioned but nice and they have a 'sample bed' in the lobby giving you a taste of Sheraton's new brand-wide beds. Bathrooms are small and needy of updating but at least are extremely well lit.

Internet is $9.95 daily for wired high-speed as well as wireless lobby and conf. rooms (Wayport is the service provider). The lobby features a business center with dial-up service at 15 cents per minute ($4 min charge).

They have their own "Waterside Restaurant" (amazing views) and a piano bar. I did not however check out the pool/fitness area. Lots of free parking in two covered garages.

I got this for $30 but I have seen bids as low as $25 .... the Columbia Hilton also comes up which is a highway-side hotel so hope for this Sheraton.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]